Saw Testament last night.

SteveP

• Members

Not to many metal shows in Hawaii so I figured I would check it out. It was the original line up with Alex Skolnick. What an amazing guitar player. His licks were dead on every time. The singer is about 50lbs overweight and plays air guitar WAY to much.

Alex was using a Mode Four.. It sounded fooking terrible. Very sterile and all around {censored}ty. The other guitar player used a dual rec that sound oh so nice.

Overall it was a cool show.

• Members
Originally posted by Somewhere_Audio

Alex is amazing! But I don't understand why he keep using crappy amp's.

He just can't stop holding on to that super trebly 80's tone from on Souls of Black :D.

I wish I could see them but I don't think they're coming anywhere near here. I saw them severla years back when James Murphy was on your with them, it was a great show. I thought Eric Peterson's tone was great with his Dual Rec back then as well, he knows how to make one of those amps sound great, that guy is just a riff machine!

Jay

• Members

Originally posted by SteveP

Not to many metal shows in Hawaii so I figured I would check it out. It was the original line up with Alex Skolnick. What an amazing guitar player. His licks were dead on every time. The singer is about 50lbs overweight and plays air guitar WAY to much.

Alex was using a Mode Four.. It sounded fooking terrible. Very sterile and all around {censored}ty. The other guitar player used a dual rec that sound oh so nice.

Overall it was a cool show.

I'd give chuck billy a little slack man..the dude basically almost died from cancer and came back from it all..

• Members
Originally posted by SteveP

The singer is about 50lbs overweight and plays air guitar WAY to much.

Dude, give Chuck Billy a break. The dude went through hell! I can't believe he's back doing what he's doing after all that {censored}!:eek:

TestamenT {censored}in' RULE!:mad:

• Members

The singer is about 50lbs overweight and plays air guitar WAY to much.

Why do people always seem to care / comment on {censored} like this? Is it wrong to be fat? Hell no! Welcome to America!

Besides, like the others said...he's been through hell. And after all, the only thing that REALLY counts in the end is that he brings the goods!! Christ on a stick.....look at Messiah Marcolin from Candlemass! That dudes Candlemassive! But he can sing his {censored}ing ass off!!

• Members

I love Testament, have been seeing them on tour since Practice up through the Gathering but WHY bring back Louie? He was the worst drummer they ever had by a mile. Probably a nice guy but go back and listen to those vintage drum tracks...

who knows maybe he got better.

Murphy was the only guitar player that made me not miss Alex but it'd still be great to see Alex kicking the metal again. He was such a big part of their original sound...

I wish they'd get closter to Boston, hopefully thay add some more dates.

Archived