Okay... anybody heard of a band called HELLA?

PintoMusic

• Members

The were the opening band at the Mars Volta/SOAD show that I attended on Thursday. They sounded like they never got a soundcheck but I'm still not sure if that would've helped them any. They were very athletic musicians but left everyone around me saying "WTF was that??".

Seeing as they were in good company with TMV & SOAD, there must be more to these guys than what I saw. Anybody know of them?

• Members
Originally posted by lefchr

I've heard them before, they are ok, some of my friends really like them.

I found their site at www.hellaband.com. There was one song on there that I liked but, if they played it last Thursday, there's no way I (or anyone else) would've recognized it. Maybe a band like that just doesn't translate well to an arena show.

They had some interesting gear though... the guitarist had this electric whose upper bout looked like one of those single-cutaway Elrick/Nordstrand basses and the lower half was curly & pointy like a Paul Stanley Ibanez. What is that?

• Members

Originally posted by PintoMusic

They had some interesting gear though... the guitarist had this electric whose upper bout looked like one of those single-cutaway Elrick/Nordstrand basses and the lower half was curly & pointy like a Paul Stanley Ibanez. What is that?

i'm not really to sure about their gear, I just know alot of their stuff is pretty crazy

• Members

Hella is good.. I got 2 of their cd's and they are amazing artists.. And their drummer is amazing.

They are playing a show in a small bar liek 5 blocks from my house (Macs Bar) on this Tuesday.. Im definately going out.

Also their guitar player spencer has a sweet side project.. They are called.. The Advantage.. They are a Classic NES Cover band.. They cover some mario/contra/ and tons of other songs.. Its amazing.

Archived