SO I tried a ..................

TOStudent

• Members

Korean Special EXP Wolfgang tonight.

I am considering buying a USA Special at their other store and so went to the one closer to me to try out the Korean.

Which from what I understand the Korean and USA are different animals.

I did not plug it in even though the pickups are the same in both guitars. I think the body is different wood though. From what I understand the pick ups are very good. I was afraid if it sounded bad that I might be hesitant to buy thinking the USA may sound the same way.

Anyway I was more worried about shape and feel because I can change some of the sound with a pick up change if need be.

Nice shape for sitting

Very well balanced

Like the toggle location, in a similar place as the Les Paul

Maple unfinished neck felt great.

Maple fretboard appears to be pretty flat as compared to my Jacksons.

Neck is definately not as wide from E-E string Than a lot of guitars.

Not commenting on the back of the neck shape because from what I understand the USA and these are different.

Although this felt pretty good shape wise

The reach to the higher frets by the neck pickup was great.

First time I stretched from the back then looked where my hand was on the front I was already at the neck pick up bas t the last frets.

The heal was nice not to thick.

The head stock is shorter than even most other guitars with 3 tuners on each side of the headstock.

Which is fine it just makes the guitar feel shorter. But it did not feel as short as a Les Paul.

Color was a white that the guy told me will turn into a old Fender kind of yellow white cream color. It is not that really bright lLes Paul kind of white.

Anyway just thought I would share some info.

Archived