Which Tubes to Pull for Half Power...from Uberschall?

russellconner

• Members

if i can, this would be a great way to confirm that my noise problems are indeed from the EL-34's. before i dig into it, though...i was hoping one of you guys could tell me how the tubes are paired, and what to do with the output impedance selector.

i dont know if i should pull the inside or outside pair, like on a dual rec...or if they are paired differently. also, after halving the power, what should i set my impedance selector on for driving a single 8 ohm cabinet?

thanks in advance,

russell

• Members

Originally posted by russellconner

if i can, this would be a great way to confirm that my noise problems are indeed from the EL-34's. before i dig into it, though...i was hoping one of you guys could tell me how the tubes are paired, and what to do with the output impedance selector.

i dont know if i should pull the inside or outside pair, like on a dual rec...or if they are paired differently. also, after halving the power, what should i set my impedance selector on for driving a single 8 ohm cabinet?

thanks in advance,

russell

Russell, I would just call Bogner I doubt many people here have done that with an Uberschall but I could be wrong :).

Archived