Backed up "Little Joe Cook" Last Night...

CliffC8488

• Members

and nearly kicked him in the nuts.

I have never played a gig with a bigger a**hole than this guy.

We do a few blues numbers and then he calls out this song "Peanuts" with which he apparently had a hit in the 50's. So I reply "I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this song." So he goes off on me "You don't know 'Peanuts????!!!!!! It goes like this 'dum dum di dum'. You know, up and down like ice cream".

Berating me on stage and {censored}, prolly cause I'm the only white guy in the band. On and on "up and down like ice cream". So I ask "what are the changes?". He goes off "I don't know notes but it's you know, up and down like ice cream".

At this point I just smile and start doing a 1-VI-II-V and he goes "yeah, that's it". So we're playing the song and I'm just going I-VI-II-V and then he yells "to the bridge!!!!". What????? what f'ing bridge? Then he shakes his head because I don't know the bridge.

What an ass.

CC

• Members

Originally posted by gennation

How the hell did you get the gig if you didn't know the songs? If you were hired as backing guitarists, they should've had some charts. What gives...what happen during the gig definitely sucks, but what the hell happened before the show???

We were hired to play and then we get there and the organizer tell us that "Little Joe Cook" will be doing the first set with us. Apparently he's a legend in those parts.

It wasn't really that bad because the audience realized what was going on and Little Joe just made himself look like the ass he really is.

CC

Archived