Tech for cap Job in southern mass?

Hua and a tele

• Members

I was wondering if anyone could recommened or knew of someone how is an amp tech in the southern mass area. As I would like to get one of my amps recapped,but most of the people in my area are more guitar techs than amp techs so I really don't feel comfortable bringing the work to them..

Thanks,

Josh

• Members

Call Eric @ Guitar Doctor in Whitman. He doesn't work on amps himself but the guy who does his amp work is excellent. He did my JCM800 over and did a nice job - sounded great. I don't know anyone else local that works on amps (just guitars). City of Champions!!!

• Members

Really guitar Doctor. I've been bringing my guitars to Eric for years,but didn't know if he did so well with the amp side of things. He retubed a power amp for me and while the amp came back sounding great it just took for ever. What did you have done to the Marshall if you don't mind me asking?

Josh

• Members

I've been going to Eric for almost 20 years now (ever since the old Factory Music days). I don't know who does his amp work but my Marshall came out just fine. When I took it in it was 100% original (except for tubes) and about 15 years old so I had basically a complete overhaul done to it. Caps, filters, tubes, and a complete check out. Sounded better than new when I got it back. It did take a while (about three weeks) but I wasn't in a rush. That was about 4-5 years ago. I was just as happy with the amp work as I am by his guitar work - which as you know is excellent.

• Members

No problem man. You could also call Heath @ Boston Guitar on Main Street. Again, I'm not sure who does his amp work but I've heard some good things about them. If you don't know already, Heath can be a moody SOB and come across as a real asshole but he really is a decent guy. I've spent A LOT of money there. And you can't beat his store - kick ass stuff all the way. Just dropped a few $$$ on some killer effects this past weekend. Good Luck Josh.

• Members

Funny,apparently we shop at the same music stores. I know heath really well, used to take lessons at his store like 11 years ago when it was still part of his dads automotive repair place down the street by the bike shop. Yeah, he can be moody,but he's always done good work for me and been fair.

Josh

• Members

Exactly, he's cool. I guess anyone can have their moments. If there's a better guitar store (especially for effects) I'd love to see it. We're kinda lucky in a way to have a place like that local. I remember that old location too. Seems like a LONG time ago he was over there.

Archived