'74 superbass / superlead

jcourtjr

• Members
Originally posted by vlad

Nice!

SL modded to SB specs?

hope you got a sound-proof room...
:D

it was originally a superbass but someone sort of convert it to superlead specs. ive been changing a few things and putting el34s in (came with 6550s) and it {censored}ing screams now. I think im gonna sell my JCM800 now.

• Members

Originally posted by jcourtjr

it was originally a superbass but someone sort of convert it to superlead specs. ive been changing a few things and putting el34s in (came with 6550s) and it {censored}ing screams now. I think im gonna sell my JCM800 now.

Ya know? I'd keep the 2203. I had a friends 2203 for a couple months and it's quite different from my Super Lead. Both are amazing, but they're kinda different. The 2203 is more aggressive, tighter and more modern sounding to me. The Super Lead is 80's metal and classic rock all the way. It has a great natural quality to it and just sounds amazing...

• Members

Originally posted by vlad

Hmmmm....

My '71 runs at between 495 and 505. It's fricken high!

In 74, Marshall dropped the plate Voltage, and Super Leads dropped down into the 440-460 area. Also, his is a 50 watt, watt head, and they always run lower.

I've got a friend, with a '70 Super bass, that runs 530! My 69-72's are all in the 480-500 area.

• Members

Originally posted by Marshall Freak

In 74, Marshall dropped the plate Voltage, and Super Leads dropped down into the 440-460 area. Also, his is a 50 watt, watt head, and they always run lower.

I've got a friend, with a '70 Super bass, that runs 530! My 69-72's are all in the 480-500 area.

Interesting...

I thought that there was something wrong with my amp... Seemed awfully high to me. Oh well...

Archived