Orange Rocker 30 Combo...

poosis

• Members

In my search for a new combo I find myself intrigued by this amp.

Does anyone here own one and, if so, what are your thoughts on the amp in general?

Secondly, anyone in the UK know of shops which have these in stock? My recent trawl of Edinburgh & Glasgow guitar shops didn't reveal any, but I'm willing to travel to try one out.

Cheers!

• Members

played an orange 'rocker 30' 1x12 combo today...
VERY cool combo amp (for $900 it better be!!!) 30 watts (class A i think), open back, with a celestion V30

grabbed an old washburn LP copy with a duncan JB/59 set off the wall of the shop, and went to the clean channel first...i was rather surpised to find that the clean channel actually bypassed the EQ and thought to myself "they better have dialed this thing in RIGHT" and man did they ever...this had to be one of the most beautiful, singing, cleans i've ever played...for a solid 5 minutes i found myself playing with this channel...then had to grab a heritage 335 to play thru it the clean channel alone was worth the amp IMO

then i grabbed the washburn again to check out the dirty channel...VERY nice indeed, pretty versatile channel as well...done everything from paige style biting OD, some decent EVH style tones, all the way up to early slayer kinda stuff...pretty dark voiced, probably wouldn't have the bright punchiness for AC/DC or the like but for the other tones mentioned above it screamed with some KILLER heavy rock tube tone i'd imagine with a good OD pedal you could even get into modern metal territory with this thing

Archived