--->>> Just another WEEKEND JAM thread <<<---

acousticvoodoo

• Members

Here's a backing track I created on my Karma.

This isn't my "normal" sorta music, but it sounded pretty cool and easy to jam over...

Hope you can participate! :D

michael

Weekend Jam Backing

PatrickJP's take: weekend fun

Bob Savage's two takes.

Playing With Myself - take 1

Playing With Myself - take 2

Syrnett's take. http://www.syrnett.com/downloads/touchin-syrnett.mp3

My take: Playin' With Myself

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

LOL!!! First day back, and Gary's OUT OF CONTROL!

LOL, pretty much... After a 20 year layoff, I had forgotten how good this is on occasion;) I am also noticing a distinct lack of concentration powers.

Gary

• Members
Originally posted by acousticvoodoo

Patrick. Great take! I really like how you used the effects and the mix was great on my system. As far as your playing... WHOA!
:D

Thanks for playing!

michael

thanks so much dude!! and thanks for posting this and helping me kill some time this afternoon, I havce a wedding to go to in like 15 min lol

• Members
Originally posted by Patrickjp

LOL I see you are whammy master for sure Bob
really cool runs in there

what amp was take 1?

Thanks dude. :D Both are Shiva, I figured since I had the thing warm, I might as well just do another one too.

I'm checking yours out right now. Wild stuff dude! You are one original mutha. I think I heard a lick in there you stole from me, but that's cool. ;) Hahahaha... oh, very cool, you had two tracks switch off in there just after 1:00... love the break stuff you did. The break at about 1:50 is kickin'! Oh yeah, now you're putting it into 5th gear... Oh yeah, a little whammy bar, you go! Nice change into the "gymnasium" there...

You rule dude, awesome stuff, and I can't believe you play like that with the beating you put on that guitar. I was floored that your LP was even staying in one piece at NAMM. :D

• Members

Thanks dude.
Both are Shiva, I figured since I had the thing warm, I might as well just do another one too.

I'm checking yours out right now. Wild stuff dude! You are one original mutha. I think I heard a lick in there you stole from me, but that's cool.
;)
Hahahaha... oh, very cool, you had two tracks switch off in there just after 1:00... love the break stuff you did. The break at about 1:50 is kickin'! Oh yeah, now you're putting it into 5th gear... Oh yeah, a little whammy bar, you go! Nice change into the "gymnasium" there...

You rule dude, awesome stuff, and I can't believe you play like that with the beating you put on that guitar. I was floored that your LP was even staying in one piece at NAMM.

LOL thanks dude! Actually, no whammy used on this take. Just the MonoVibe, Lexatone and the good ol' reverse track fun ;)
Lookin forward to hangin this NAMM, I'll be demoing all day this year, no walking around all day guzzlin like last year. We cut 3 guys on the staff for our trip.. so I actually have to work :p

• Members
Originally posted by Patrickjp

LOL thanks dude! Actually, no whammy used on this take. Just the MonoVibe, Lexatone and the good ol' reverse track fun
;)
Lookin forward to hangin this NAMM, I'll be demoing all day this year, no walking around all day guzzlin like last year. We cut 3 guys on the staff for our trip.. so I actually have to work
:p

Wow, nice job man, it sounded like you were grabbin' a bar towards the end.

They cut three guys? No goofing off? Pfftt... that's bull. You need to go to Hollingshead's on Saturday. What's your bosses direct number?

• Members

Originally posted by Syrnett

holy crap... not sure why, but this was deceivingly hard for me....

here i is though... take the clip with a grain of whatever people take a grain of...

Going back to listen to others takes now.

-Erik

Good job Erik. I especially liked how you came flying out of the gate on that first fast solo thingamabobber.

• Members

pat - i didnt know Steve Vai and Tom Morrelo had a love child... :D

bob - i {censored} you not... my dog was on my lap listening to your take and her head kept switching from the 45 degree to the left to the 45 degree to the right doggy head tilt thing when your first take was on... then she was trying to sniff my speakers and started barking... LMAO. take 2... ok she just ran upstair... she wouldnt know good playing if it bit her on the ass... bah... but i digged it!

seems like those damn breaks werent just a pain for me... lol.

-Erik

• Members

Wow, nice job man, it sounded like you were grabbin' a bar towards the end.

They cut three guys? No goofing off? Pfftt... that's bull. You need to go to Hollingshead's on Saturday. What's your bosses direct number?

hehe, I'll have to give you a call soon!

thanks again bro bro!

Archived