Master/Slave question...

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

I don't know much about doing the whole master/slave thing, or even if that's what I'll be doing exactly, but I want to run the FX send of a marshall tsl into the return of my Uber... I'm thinking it might clean it up and give it more definition (which I'm hoping isn't strictly a pre-amp thing) do you guys see any technical issues with this? I'm pretty sure I'll be ok, but I'm having a little trouble trusting myself since almost 5,000 dollars of gear is involved...

Do I have to plug a cab into the tsl too? or is the speaker load just a power amp thing? and if I do, nothing at all will be coming from the cab right? Like I said, I'm just double checking everything to make sure

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

I don't know much about doing the whole master/slave thing, or even if that's what I'll be doing exactly, but I want to run the FX send of a marshall tsl into the return of my Uber... I'm thinking it might clean it up and give it more definition (which I'm hoping isn't strictly a pre-amp thing) do you guys see any technical issues with this? I'm pretty sure I'll be ok, but I'm having a little trouble trusting myself since almost 5,000 dollars of gear is involved...

Do I have to plug a cab into the tsl too? or is the speaker load just a power amp thing? and if I do, nothing at all will be coming from the cab right? Like I said, I'm just double checking everything to make sure

The "voice" of an amp is largely based on the preamp design. Slaving the marshall to another power amp will give it a different character though as the phase inverter and power amp design of the uber is different from the marshall. also, if you're using a different cab it will sound different as well.

yes, you still need a cab connected to the marshall eve if you're slaving it....or at least i would if i were doing what you're doing. depending on the effects loop design the signal may still pass through the marshall power amp section if you only plug into the sent jack, although if it's a series effects loop i think the signal is cut from the power amp altogether, either way use a cab. If you have two cabs you could have both power amps running and that would kickass

Archived