Dual Recto or Soldano Hot Rod???

zakkfaerum

• Members

Hey there everyone. I have been thinking about selling my Dual Recto and purchasing a Soldano Hot Rod head. SInce there are no Soldano dealers anywhere near here, I don't get the opportunity to try one out, but it was the same situation with the Mesa. I am running it with a Marshall 1960 BV with celestion vintage 30s. What do yo guys all thinK????

Thanks for the help.

• Members

Actually 3 channels. hehe. I play a very modern style of rock, but am looking for a sound that I don't seem to get with the Mesa. I need a tight sound that has a great lead tone and a lot of tight chunk. If you know what I mean. DO you even have any other suggestions for amps. I am really searching. Thanks a lot!!!!

• Members

I have owned a few Soldano's and if you are use to the Mesa low end, I suggest getting the Soldano with the "XL" or "depth" mod.

The Soldano is a really cool amp. I have moved on to the Splawn amps that are a modded Marshall with a Soldano kinda Mesa twist with 3 channels and a volume solo boost. Check them out www.splawnguitars.com the sound clips are very accurate, good luck.

• Members

Originally posted by Northern1

I have owned a few Soldano's and if you are use to the Mesa low end, I suggest getting the Soldano with the "XL" or "depth" mod.

The Soldano is a really cool amp. I have moved on to the Splawn amps that are a modded Marshall with a Soldano kinda Mesa twist with 3 channels and a volume solo boost. Check them out
www.splawnguitars.com
the sound clips are very accurate, good luck.

How would you compare the Soldano to the Splawn?

Which Soldano did you have?

• Members

I would say I like the Splawn better for the fact it is closer to a modded Marshall sound and it has a clean, 2 OD channels and a volume boost, so versatility is good. The Soldano's I owned were all 2 channel versions the Hot Rod 100 plus and 50 plus models with and without the XL mod, the note definition was outstanding but a little to much compression, (the Splawn is alittle more open sounding with a more usable/controlable feedback) Soldano's have a sound all on there own again based from Marshall modifications, but I think the price is a little high for what is now available. We all want as much as we can get for the mighty buck. It all comes down to personal preference, there are alot of great amps out there now.

Archived