Wheres a good source for BACKING TRACKS?

PuppetOfMasters

• Members

Another good way is to download some guitar pro tablatures (www.mysongbook.com , currently is the page offline for downloads) and then open them in guitar pro, select which tracks you'd like to keep and export to .midi. then just convert midi to mp3 with some kind of converter program (lots of them outside, google for them ;)). Voila! You've just gotten yourself a backing track! Burn to CDs, etc....

EDIT: if there's something wrong in the guitar pro tablature (wrong note in bass, etc.), you can easily fix it and make it better for yourself :).

• Members
Originally posted by Metal|Boy

Another good way is to download some guitar pro tablatures (
www.mysongbook.com
, currently is the page offline for downloads) and then open them in guitar pro, select which tracks you'd like to keep and export to .midi. then just convert midi to mp3 with some kind of converter program (lots of them outside, google for them
;)
). Voila! You've just gotten yourself a backing track! Burn to CDs, etc....

EDIT: if there's something wrong in the guitar pro tablature (wrong note in bass, etc.), you can easily fix it and make it better for yourself
:)

I use guitar pro all the time. I just dont like the crap MIDI sound from them. But they'll suffice if I cant find a better backing.

Archived