Synth Modules

• Members

I'm looking to get some cheap synth modules or VSTs that would run well on an EEEPC.

I wouldn't mind a sound module that does basic flute, piano sounds etc. as well as some ethnic ones. I liked a lot of the sounds off my old Roland U20, but I think I could do a bit better than the sound module version of that. I'd like if I could get something that was maybe smaller than a rack module as I don't intend to use a rack, just plonk it down on a table or the floor.

I also really want a decent FM synth module. I'd like to get Sega Megadrive kinda sounds.

• Members

I have plenty of free vsts/sound fonts on that front, I kind of wanted that stuff in module format., in case I can't bring my laptop along.

For FM synths though I could do with some VSTs. I'll check those out. It's not as essential to have that in module format as the MK's digital waveforms can sort of stand in.

• Members

no question about it, bang for buck is the Roland JV1010 sound module.

Terrific sounds, expandable with expansion cards, one of which is Ethnic.

These are out of production but you can get them on ebay for under $200.00USD.

They are small, half rack and I believe contain over 1000 presets right out of the box. I loved the piano and strings but they also have orchestral stuff in there as well.

Here's one on ebay, this is not my ad but just something for you to see what it's about.

Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLAND-JV-1010-64-VOICE-SYNTH-MODULE-MINT-JV1010_W0QQitemZ200339980793QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKeyboards_MIDI?hash=item2ea53181f9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Archived