Final mix of our forthcoming album (powerball content) Clip!!

TomLionheart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW!!!!! Great Sound. What music gearand recording gear was used such as mic pres, mics, outboard gear etc.
I like the tone of this probably more than any Powerball recording I ever heard cause it really retain's the PB tone even though it's polished and totally hi fi sounding. F'in awesome man!!!!

Derek:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by DerekB

WOW!!!!! Great Sound. What music gearand recording gear was used such as mic pres, mics, outboard gear etc.

I like the tone of this probably more than any Powerball recording I ever heard cause it really retain's the PB tone even though it's polished and totally hi fi sounding. F'in awesome man!!!!

Damn Derek, I

• Members

Originally posted by TomLionheart

I simply love Evergrey!!! Have you seen thier DVD, that show is amazing

{censored} yeah.....the best DVD of the year! Every time i see "Mark of the Triangle" on it I just stop what I am doing, stand up and headbang till i fall over!

Anyway....the first riff of your song sounds a little like "Blinded" but that is okay by me!!!! haha Rock on!

• Members

Originally posted by crwnedblasphemy

{censored} yeah.....the best DVD of the year! Every time i see "Mark of the Triangle" on it I just stop what I am doing, stand up and headbang till i fall over!

Anyway....the first riff of your song sounds a little like "Blinded" but that is okay by me!!!! haha Rock on!

That's the first thing I thought of! I was thinking, "Wow, is this Evergrey?!" Evergrey is awesome. I really wanna get that DVD.

• Members
Originally posted by DerekB

LOL! Liked it? I loved it man!

No EQ
:eek:
Holy {censored} . There's some magic going on somewhere cause it sound's like a total pro recording and like I said I love how you got the PB sound to come through and sound so well that it still sounds like a PB.

I said almost no EQ;) of course there is EQ but almost none added, mostly cuts

And this is recorded at a high end studio that charge 650$ a day, so of course there is some studio magic. But as you stated, it simply sounds as a Powerball

And I must say, this is really big for me, to get all this good feedback from all of you and from DerekB and SteveVHT... BIG, Thank you

• Members

Originally posted by TomLionheart

I said almost no EQ;) of course there is EQ but almost none added, mostly cuts

And this is recorded at a high end studio that charge 650$ a day, so of course there is some studio magic. But as you stated, it simply sounds as a Powerball

And I must say, this is really big for me, to get all this good feedback from all of you and from DerekB and SteveVHT... BIG, Thank you

There's likely, or at least it sounds like somebody that knows how to use a compressor very well adding compression to it, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's no honor in releasing an album with "raw instruments," it's the total package that matters and for everything to sit in a mix, some "magic" needs to be performed. That's just the way it is.

Again, great job on the tune.

Archived