Tube Bias...need new tubes..

EaRSh0T

• Members

OK kinda vague name for the thread but i coulnt think of anything better.

Ok i have had my Laney 100 watter rebiast for 2 el34s(down from 4). Its been awhile sence i had it done and the powertubes are goin out(volumes cuts to about half then back up periodicly). The Laney has a switch on the back to go from el34s to 6l6s. I have 4 seminew 6l6 powertubes. Can i put 2 of them in the amp and swtich it on the back to 6l6s? or do i have to take it to the shop and have it rebiast to take 2 6l6s? I have to play the USA national anthem tonigh in about 3 hours and i KNOW i cant get it to a shop before then sooooo im hoping i can swap the tubes out. Im not looking for a long lasting fix but just somthin that i can play on till i get it to a shop. Thanks in advanced.

• Members

Originally posted by EaRSh0T

OK kinda vague name for the thread but i coulnt think of anything better.

Ok i have had my Laney 100 watter rebiast for 2 el34s(down from 4). Its been awhile sence i had it done and the powertubes are goin out(volumes cuts to about half then back up periodicly). The Laney has a switch on the back to go from el34s to 6l6s. I have 4 seminew 6l6 powertubes. Can i put 2 of them in the amp and swtich it on the back to 6l6s? or do i have to take it to the shop and have it rebiast to take 2 6l6s? I have to play the USA national anthem tonigh in about 3 hours and i KNOW i cant get it to a shop before then sooooo im hoping i can swap the tubes out. Im not looking for a long lasting fix but just somthin that i can play on till i get it to a shop. Thanks in advanced.

You sure it's the tubes? My Marshall JTM45 RI started that, and I finally found out it was the damn PRESENCE POT that needed cleaning. That's it.

Archived