Generalmusic S3 turbo and Equinox 88 pro! I am in Italian pro heaven!

• Members

Hi my friend,

It's me again. And now I'm Equinox 88 PRO owner too And it is awesome. Not just an electronic synth but true Musical Instrument.
:)
But unfortunately previous owner had probable formated the hard disk and I can't find PRO Piano sounds there.
:(
Do you think exists a way to resolve this problem? Can you kindly help me please ?

Best Regards.

If you browse hard disk, can you see any folders? besides piano sounds there should be more files like for example demo songs for sequencer.

• Members

Hi. I see only one folder on Hard Disk, called "MSDOS" and inside it 7 subfolders: SMF1, SMF2 ..... SMF7. When selecting any of these 7, when it is displayed on left side, the right side is empty, so I think these folders doesn't contain anything... Any idea about the problem?

• Members

Hi. I see only one folder on Hard Disk, called "MSDOS" and inside it 7 subfolders: SMF1, SMF2 ..... SMF7. When selecting any of these 7, when it is displayed on left side, the right side is empty, so I think these folders doesn't contain anything... Any idea about the problem?

Did you press enter within each folder? Sometimes it does not show the files at all...

Otherwise I think it is formatted, unfortunately. But honesty, you shouldn't miss too much. The piano sounds were nice but unexpressive because there were too few samples. Just load any piano samples via scsi, apply the Damper Physical Modeling effect into samples and it will be fine. ;)

• Members

How does the sound of the electric grand compare to your cp60m, and does it support sympathetic string resonance modeling?

You must be kidding with that question, right? Just horrible, as I said even the grand piano sample with string resonance sounds worse than Nord electro 2 samples without string resonance, so what would you expect to be answer regarding to Electric grand? Seriously, why would you think I own CP-60M? As one of my friends asked why I didn't buy Nord electro stage for the same price as I paid for CP-60M: NO OTHER SOFTWARE/HARDWARE EMULATION CAN REPLACE THE FACT OF REAL HAMMERS HITTING REAL STRINGS!!! SAMPLES CAN'T REPLACE REAL ACOUSTIC INSTRUMENT!!!

Sorry about raving... but it's weird how few people can notice the value of the mechanics of acoustic instrument.

Did you read anything I posted so far??? As I told before, the Damper Physical Model is included as an effect so you can use it with ANY samples...

• Members

Don't get your panties in a knot. I own 2 CP-70B's and have gigged them numerous times. Only because of the weight and size issues (transportation hassle and safety, and setup complexity) have I recently purchased a Kurzweil Midiboard 3.0 and Pianoteq software, in search of a lighter solution that still supports sympathetic string resonance.

If you glance at the Nord Piano Library downloads, you'll notice that their CP-80 sample set is significantly smaller in size than the acoustic piano sample sets offered, but it does not clearly indicate if it actually supports sympathetic string resonance (I'm guessing not, since the acoustic piano sample sets have seperate samples for sympathetic resonance, although their harpsichord demos indicate they are using resonance despite the unavailability of a separate harpsichord sympathetic resonance sample set). The Roland RD-700GX will do sympathetic resonance, but only on acoustic pianos as far as I know, and not on electric grands. So, it seems there are not many solutions on the market aside from using software instruments.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2648549

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2647926

• Members

Last time I tried new Nord Stage EX at local music store and I was disappointed that the very promising string resonance is included for all acoustic pianos but not for CP-70 which is very weird since CP-70 IS acoustic piano as well. Haven't tried Korg SV-1 yet. Maybe they support it?

• Members

Hi again,

you are right, the possibility to use simpathetic string resonance and DPM with samples as a part of effect processor is a great and unique feature of Equinox. But anyway, I'd like to have it's native library too. Can you kindly help me with it? Is it possible to save these sounds or to make a Hard Disk image(or copy)? I'll be very grateful for this.

Thanks in advance.

BR

• Members

Hi again,

you are right, the possibility to use simpathetic string resonance and DPM with samples as a part of effect processor is a great and unique feature of Equinox. But anyway, I'd like to have it's native library too. Can you kindly help me with it? Is it possible to save these sounds or to make a Hard Disk image(or copy)? I'll be very grateful for this.

Thanks in advance.

BR

Sorry, but I was as well searching for hard drive image but couldn't find anything.

• Members

Hi,

what is the reason for you to search hard disk image in internet when you can make Equinox's HDD image yourself?
:)
It's rather simple, take the HDD and put it into USB HDD adapter, then use some software, f.e. "Acronis" and make the HDD image.

BR

Because the pro piano samples sounded so bad that I thought there were some system files missing or even samples missing... but apparently didn't...

• Members

Did you try to make some modern phat leads and gates on Equinox?(like f.e. famous access virus trance leads) If yes, how did you manage to make them? I suppose this is possible to do on this powerfull synth, but I don't have enough experience...

Equinox is very universal synth so i believe it is possible. Didn't you read what I explained about Equinox? The solo sounds can be as much as 6 OSCs per voice (2 OSC each with 3 layers!). isn't that enough for a phat leads? :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi,

can you beleive, I have found Vocal Processor KIT for my Equinox 88 PRO. And even got it. I honestly did not beleive it is possible to find these days. One Chech musical internet market still has them on stock. And they sent it to me immediately after the money were transfered. :thu:

Archived