Selling MicroKorg

• Members

i've decided to sell my microkorg slightly reluctantly for an x station (which only looks half as good) just wondering if the x station has an arpeggiator? or if theres a software synth to do this for me. What is the best software drum machine or best budget drum machine out there? also does the x station have a piano / organ etc. preset or again with a piece of software do this for me. finally are there any alternatives in the same sort of price range that also have pads to trigger samples and record drums? sorry for the long post. :D

• Members

just wondering if the x station has an arpeggiator?

1: find a big picture

2: see if it says "arpeggiator" or "arp" anywhere

3: it does!

4: alternatively, download the manual (called User Guide) for some stupid reason: http://us.novationmusic.com/support/x_station/ and see if it has the word "arpeggiator" in there somewhere; and it has. Page 43 of the manual.

or if theres a software synth to do this for me.

Cubase / Ableton have arpeggiators built in, and other sequencers should have something similar.

What is the best software drum machine or best budget drum machine out there?

Make up your mind, specify a budget, any "best" depends on the platform, use, and what you are willing to spend. I could say "Machinedrum" but that answer's gonna be useless to you if you're looking for realistic drums that won't cost you a fortune.

also does the x station have a piano / organ etc. preset

Yes, but they don't sound very realistic; the X-station's samples aren't comparable to what's stuffed in a true sample-playback keyboard.

or again with a piece of software do this for me

Budget budget budget BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET.

:facepalm:

finally are there any alternatives in the same sort of price range that also have pads to trigger samples and record drums?

No. The rest of the Novation controllers have pads, but no built-in synth.

sorry for the long post.
:D

Here's a few tips:

Learn how to search, and realize that manufacturers have a website where this information is put. You could've saved yourself the first question by digging a bit deeper. It's not rocket science.

Don't call your topic "selling MicroKorg" if 80% of it is not about selling the MicroKorg.

Don't jump from question to question like a squirrel on MDMA. Use paragraphs. Tell us what you've already found out yourself. Be specific, add detail.

• Members

1: find a big picture

2: see if it says "arpeggiator" or "arp" anywhere

3:
it does!

4: alternatively, download the manual (called User Guide) for some stupid reason:
http://us.novationmusic.com/support/x_station/
and see if it has the word "arpeggiator" in there somewhere; and it has. Page 43 of the manual.

Cubase / Ableton have arpeggiators built in, and other sequencers should have something similar.

Make up your mind, specify a budget, any "best" depends on the platform, use, and what you are willing to spend. I could say "Machinedrum" but that answer's gonna be useless to you if you're looking for realistic drums that won't cost you a fortune.

Yes, but they don't sound very realistic; the X-station's samples aren't comparable to what's stuffed in a true sample-playback keyboard.

Budget budget budget
BUDGET
BUDGET
BUDGET

:facepalm:

No. The rest of the Novation controllers have pads, but no built-in synth.

Here's a few tips:

Learn how to search, and realize that manufacturers have a website where this information is put. You could've saved yourself the first question by digging a bit deeper. It's not rocket science.

Don't call your topic "selling MicroKorg" if 80% of it is
not
about selling the MicroKorg.

Don't jump from question to question like a squirrel on MDMA. Use paragraphs. Tell us what you've already found out yourself. Be specific, add detail.

Damn, Yoozer again wins post of the week!

• Members

As mentioned, the X-Station does have an arpeggiator, and it's a pretty decent one too. One of my favorite sounds in the X is the electric piano. There's a very nice bell-like Rhodes sound that I've tweaked and used quite a bit in my last recording. I used to have a microKorg but I found it a bit limited for my needs. I eventually sold it and bought a Korg Micro X, which I really like a lot and gives you the Triton sound engine in a compact portable keyboard.

Archived