:ALERT: Vox AC15 CC (??)

Salty

• Members

A friend of mine was in one of the local music stores a couple of days ago, and reported to me that on the floor was the new VOX AC15 CC.

I said WHAT?? I have not heard ANY buzz about them introducing an AC15. Not even a rumor.

Said it was being demo'd while he was there. Said it sounded like crap with the gain pushed, but when they took the master vol out of the equation and ran it like an old Vox, it sounded great. Like the old AC 15's.

Now, I don't like the new AC30CC's(CC=Chinese Crap). I wanted to, and was ready to pounce before they hit the floors. But when I tried it, I was dissapointed. I have a KORG(British) AC30 that I absolutely love. To me. the CC does not hold a candle to it. The 30 CC has waaaaay too many doo-dads, doohickys, switches, etc.

I don't know about the AC15 though. I'm gonna try to get to the store and see for myself this week.

Anyone heard anything about this AC15 CC? It wasn't even on the Vox website.

• Members

Originally posted by Salty

A friend of mine was in one of the local music stores a couple of days ago, and reported to me that on the floor was the new VOX AC15 CC.

I said WHAT?? I have not heard ANY buzz about them introducing an AC15. Not even a rumor.

Said it was being demo'd while he was there. Said it sounded like crap with the gain pushed, but when they took the master vol out of the equation and ran it like an old Vox, it sounded great. Like the old AC 15's.

Now, I don't like the new AC30CC's(CC=Chinese Crap). I wanted to, and was ready to pounce before they hit the floors. But when I tried it, I was dissapointed. I have a KORG(British) AC30 that I absolutely love. To me. the CC does not hold a candle to it. The 30 CC has waaaaay too many doo-dads, doohickys, switches, etc.

I don't know about the AC15 though. I'm gonna try to get to the store and see for myself this week.

Anyone heard anything about this AC15 CC? It wasn't even on the Vox website.

They sort of stealthily intro'd it. It's on the Vox site now, I'm not sure why they didn't make a bigger deal out of it. It's just got the TB channel, as well as the master, reverb and trem(I'd have preferred just an AC15TB reissue...)

• Members

Originally posted by FiletOfFish

They sort of stealthily intro'd it. It's on the Vox site now, I'm not sure why they didn't make a bigger deal out of it. It's just got the TB channel, as well as the master, reverb and trem(I'd have preferred just an AC15TB reissue...)

OK, I just checked the website, and it's there. Sadly, I'm already dissapointed. Those on/off/standby switches simply won't do. Kinda has that cheap Fender "Frontman" vibe to it. Reeeealy cheap. Even if it does sound stellar, parts/construction is an issue for me.

Archived