Marshall Cabs with Reissue Basketweave Question

BrassMonkey

• Members

I guess I should of asked if there is a good site with Marshall cab timelines that shows what years basketweaves, checkerboards, salt and peppers, etc were used. And what years they started the reissue cab thang.

Also, CFH, I just saw in another thread that Marshall still sells the different grille cloths on their site. I guess you can probably special order a certain cab with a specific grille cloth. probably cost alot more if it's possoble though.

:)

• Members

Dave, the cab is a 1960AX. The guy I bought it from said it was a special order (limited edition maybe?). I didn't have any reason to doubt him cause he had lots of high end gear at his studio. It is loaded with 25 watt greenbacks.

You think it's a recover?

• Members

Originally posted by BrassMonkey

CFH, is your grille like mine or like the way PD described?

the way dave explained it, i got a tv. that cab you got doesnt look anything like a ax/bx type of cloth. that cloth you have there looks like something circa 1970 to me. i believe mojotone.com has some stuff you can buy there like that.

• Members

Originally posted by BrassMonkey

That's one of the first things I noticed, that it wasn't a checkerboard and has a small gold logo. I guess I shouldn't stress though, it sounds killer. I would just like to know if this is a 'special edition'.

:)

id bet it is, marshall always has weird little unannounced things popping out every now and then, ive seen some amps come from their factory ive never even seen before, and with very little info about em.

Archived