Please give your opinions on this amp trade offer

GorillaLover

• Members

(Local)

Someone has offered to trade their Mesa Mark IV Short Body 1x12 combo for my DSL 50 head.. he has stated that it is blowing fuses.. and seems to blow one after every 3 or 4 power ups...

this would avoid having to deal with shipping issues.. would give me something more portable, plus I can use it with my cab... and it'd be the type of amp I've been GASing for for quite some time..

I'm guessing I could probably find a local tech to work on it.. or show my uncle, who worked as an electrical engineer for the NRC for several decades...

Anyone think this is a good idea??

• Members

Originally posted by GorillaLover

(Local)

Someone has offered to trade their Mesa Mark IV Short Body 1x12 combo for my DSL 50 head.. he has stated that it is blowing fuses.. and seems to blow one after every 3 or 4 power ups...

this would avoid having to deal with shipping issues.. would give me something more portable, plus I can use it with my cab... and it'd be the type of amp I've been GASing for for quite some time..

I'm guessing I could probably find a local tech to work on it.. or show my uncle, who worked as an electrical engineer for the NRC for several decades...

Anyone think this is a good idea??

Sounds pretty good to me either:thu:

and fuses blowing's not a very bad thing, usually easy to fix, probably a bad capacitor (the more technical dudes here can tell you better than me though).

and , soundwise aside, the mark IV has more features, like 3 channels, paralell loop etc, and since it's a combo, it's easier to carry around and you still have the option to hook up your 4x12 cab (or 2x12, dont know).

I'll do it:thu:

best!:cool:

• Members

he says he tried it with new tubes and still has the same problem..

he brought it into an amp tech who referred him to another amp tech in the "surrounding area" who is an authorized mesa repair guy..

I'd most likely have to take it there.. unless my uncle can fix it..

my uncle can fix it, for sure.. I just hate bugging him :) he already fixed my DSL haha

• Members

he says he tried it with new tubes and still has the same problem..

he brought it into an amp tech who referred him to another amp tech in the "surrounding area" who is an authorized mesa repair guy..

I'd most likely have to take it there.. unless my uncle can fix it..

my uncle can fix it, for sure.. I just hate bugging him
:)
he already fixed my DSL haha

Nah, free fix?? do it know;)

BTW, what's mothers, fathers, uncles, brothers and sister for??:thu:

be cool, it's something for your uncle to do on the weekend;)

I say, go for it!!!!

( and dont forget that a Mark IV's way more easier to sell than a DSL . . .):D

• Members

I'm doing it.. and I'm also gonna get a Hartke 4x10XL bass cab tomorrow.. haha..

and got a Pigtronix and Magicstomp last week.. and waiting for PCI recording card with mic preamps to arrive any day now..

and yesterday I almost won an auction on a 5 string bass.. haha...

I can't be stopped!!!!

• Members

I'm doing it.. and I'm also gonna get a Hartke 4x10XL bass cab tomorrow.. haha..

and got a Pigtronix and Magicstomp last week.. and waiting for PCI recording card with mic preamps to arrive any day now..

and yesterday I almost won an auction on a 5 string bass.. haha...

I can't be stopped!!!!

man, you're insatiable:D

BTW, youre a gtr plr or bss plr??

or just love your toys:D

• Members

traditionally a guitar player... but sick of trying to find a bass player!! it's just my drummer and I.. I can never find anyone else to work with unless I play more "straight ahead" music..

I AM insatiable!

Hummm . . . wondering what type of music you guys do:confused:

any clips??

best!:cool:

Archived