Marshall DSL-100 or Jubillee Head?

buckwild

• Members

Well, the DSL has more sounds as it has more channels: 4 vs. 2 on the Jubilee. The Jubilee has that distinctive 80s sound, where as the DSL has a great JCM 800 vibe in the crunch channel, but also the high-gain Lead 1 and Lead 2 channels.

Kind of depends on what your needs are, and what your budget will allow?

• Members

I have no budget constraints. I just mainly wanted to know if the DSL-100 can get that JCM-800 type roar. But I know with the Jubiliee's either you favor one channel or the other. That's why I was interested in the DSL-100 cause it seems that both channels remain versitile.

• Members

Originally posted by SFW

Get the Jubilee. You will not regret it. They smoke the DSLs on so many levels.

Your mileage may vary. My other guitarist (Sparky on HCAF) has an original Silver Jubilee 100/50. It was just recently fully serviced. But even with all tubes n caps up to snuff, it doesn't hold a candle to the sound of my DSL-100.

And yeah, the Crunch channel gets an awesome 800-style roar, and takes pedals really well.

Sure, I'm selling one, but regretfully so. Opinions offered honestly and w/o bias.

• Members

Originally posted by BerkleeBill

Well, the DSL has more sounds as it has more channels: 4 vs. 2 on the Jubilee. The Jubilee has that distinctive 80s sound, where as the DSL has a great JCM 800 vibe in the crunch channel, but also the high-gain Lead 1 and Lead 2 channels.

Kind of depends on what your needs are, and what your budget will allow?

You got me confused there, since when is the DSL a 4 channel head?

• Members

Originally posted by SFW

Get the Jubilee. You will not regret it. They smoke the DSLs on so many levels.

I own 2- 2555's and a DSL100 and I dont even slightly agree with you. The DSL is a smoking amp capable of most of what makes a Jubilee cool and more. If I could only have one of these it would be the DSL:thu: ........................This is coming from a HUGE Jubilee fan....................John

• Members

Originally posted by zepman

I own 2- 2555's and a DSL100 and I dont even slightly agree with you. The DSL is a smoking amp capable of most of what makes a Jubilee cool and more. If I could only have one of these it would be the DSL:thu: ........................This is coming from a HUGE Jubilee fan....................John

Thanks

I'm leaning to the limited edition Silver DSL-100 amp and cab package through musicians friend. Saw yours and was totally blown away.

• Members

Originally posted by zepman

+1 -- I'd go DSL too.

-Attila

• Members
Originally posted by buckwild

Thanks

I'm leaning to the limited edition Silver DSL-100 amp and cab package through musicians friend. Saw yours and was totally blown away.

The thing is with me is that the DSL100 has so much gain and overdrive available pedals are really not needed and I love all tube tone.I just put a Mullard 1951 Sheld logo 12ax7 in V-1 and I now have the best sounding stock Marshall I have ever touched( I have owned and still own many). The cosmetics on the DSL-se are cool and add some MOJO for sure but those so called "flimsy circut boards and board mounted tube sockets kick MANY/MOST amps asses when it comes to all tube roar;) :thu:. If you cant get a killer tone out of a JCM2000 it aint the amp:D

• Members
Originally posted by TWPietz37

I will get flamed for this, but I can't stand the DSL series. The lead channel is very buzzy to my ears. If I were you, I'd go with the jube and not look back.

Tyler

No flames but may I ask, have you used one in a band setting? I play through a '77 JMP but I wouldnt mind a DSL as a backup.. :D;)

Archived