HELP: PodXT or Toneport UX2

thewaterchapter

• Members

ok guys... basically heres my dilema. (im sure many are also facing this problem). should i go with a podxt or toneport ux2?

i read an article regarding the UX2 having virtually no latency when recording... and you can download all the shop packages (i will mainly be using the metal shop package).

im leaning towards the podxt due to late night headphone jamming, as well as the ease of turning buttons: as opposed to the all digital format of the toneport ux2.

what do you guys think. ux2 for $200? or podxt for $300? any feedback will be appreciated. thanks!

• Members

It probably depends on what your needs are. If you are needing it for gigging and playing live, then the PODxt is the obvious choice. If however, you intend to use it for recording, the TonePort may be your better choice, but you are tied to your computer. I bought a POD 2 years ago and just recently got a UX2. For my home studio, I like the UX2, a lot better. It is much more versatile not only does it have guitar amp/cab sims & fx like the PODxt, but it has bass amp/cabs/fx from the Bass PODxt and some great pre-amp models for doing vocals, as well. Plus, it makes for a great little portable USB audio recording device with excellent low latency ASIO drivers. I am actually quite surprised by how relatively inexpensive the TonePort is for all the features that it offers.

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Archived