Germino rig pic!

ratter

• Members

Originally posted by ratter

Are they really that insanely good? I've heard clips and they were great, but not like "religious experience" great...

I never thought I'd ever consider spending more than 2000 on an amp. This one changed my mind. I'm still fighting it. But I'll probably end up with one. It has that feel and depth. The bad part about it is normally when I read somebody saying stuff like this about an insanely priced amp I call bull{censored} in my mind. But this amp has it.

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Awesome Mikey , now get yourself and Mojovibe and a Chicago Ironworks Octavia and complete that biotch!!!!

Kage

GAS begets GAS. :( I want a vibe, tube screamer, and octave box, and I want to get an S-S-S setup in that silhouette...sigh...

• Members

Mmmmm salt n' peppa...

germrig.jpg

-

Hi.
Very nice:thu:
IMO the Germino range is GREAT.
Killer classic Marshall tone in spades.
For som "odd" reasons I traded off my Germino Masonette, and Classic 45. (F....GAS).
I guess I'll go for the Club 40 next time around, GREAT amp!!
:)

• Members
Originally posted by 2B

Btw, I might have to dust off my old Echoplex after seeing Your pic. It's been collecting dust for years. Used to use it with my old Marshalls years ago.

:cool:

They're so much fun. Of course, my tape just bit the dust. Gotta get a new one...

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Im a jealous bitch. So Ratter, that OCD does it for you eh?

Well, I'll tell ya what. I didn't realize this when I bought it, but I think the way it works best is....set the amp for a good clean sound or a slight edge. Then click on the OCD and leave it on, and it sounds like you cranked the amp up a few notches more. But if you leave the pedal on and roll your volume back, it cleans up and sounds just like the amp would. So it's not so as much of a "click it on for solos" kind of thing as most OD pedals are. It's more of a way to just not have to crank the amp. And if you're using other OD's or fuzzes, just run them into the front of the OCD with the OCD still on...

Check this clip...

http://www.fulltone.com/audio/OCD_SG_Zep.mp3

I dunno...this might all be old news to everybody else, but I'm just figuring it out...:freak:

• Members

Well, I'll tell ya what. I didn't realize this when I bought it, but I think the way it works best is....set the amp for a good clean sound or a slight edge. Then click on the OCD and leave it on, and it sounds like you cranked the amp up a few notches more. But if you leave the pedal on and roll your volume back, it cleans up and sounds just like the amp would. So it's not so as much of a "click it on for solos" kind of thing as most OD pedals are. It's more of a way to just not have to crank the amp. And if you're using other OD's or fuzzes, just run them into the front of the OCD with the OCD still on...

Check this clip...

http://www.fulltone.com/audio/OCD_SG_Zep.mp3

I dunno...this might all be old news to everybody else, but I'm just figuring it out...
:freak:

That sounds great! As a matter a fact, they way you decribed that set up is pretty much how I use my SD-1 (for heavy rhythms and solos) but I usually dial in a bit more gain on the amp first. Ive been playing a more over the top (vintage high gain) tone as of late.

But I really dug that clip.

That Germino stack looks sexy as hell btw. :)

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

That sounds great! As a matter a fact, they way you decribed that set up is pretty much how I use my SD-1 (for heavy rhythms and solos) but I usually dial in a bit more gain on the amp first. Ive been playing a more over the top (vintage high gain) tone as of late.

But I really dug that clip.

That Germino stack looks sexy as hell btw.
:)

Thanks. Now I need to catch a break and actually go put some speakers in it...right now it's just a prop. :D

• Members
Originally posted by riffmeister

Yum!!!
:D

I still to this day remember how nice your Echoplex sounded at AmpFest I.

If you ever decide to let that head go............
;)

You'll be the first to know! I have no plans to let it go, but if my Budda doesn't sell, I won't really have a choice....

• Members

Is that a 2x12 behind you. With your 45?

Well, stay tuned because this is far from a done deal. I just plugged into the Budda again. Ouch. It hurts me.

Yeah, the C45 combo is up on it's side to make a 'vertical mount' 2x12. There are also two other cabs on either side of the combo.

You are "The Budda Man", man!!! :D

• Members

Yeah, the C45 combo is up on it's side to make a 'vertical mount' 2x12. There are also two other cabs on either side of the combo.

You
are
"The Budda Man", man!!!
:D

And look at how easy that logo pops off of that cab.... :D;)

• Members

and soon to be mine......ALL MINE.........MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:thu:

Ha! I just pulled the check out of the mailbox, speakin' of. It'll go out tomorrow. Spent three hours packing it yesterday. If fedex can break this sumbitch, then I give up....

Archived