Weber transformers - opinions

gusfinley

• Members

I can't speak directly about his Transformers but I can report on the following; having been a Weber customer for years and now a Weber reseller, I have many experiences with Ted Weber regarding his Customer Service. Never a question, he stands behind everything he provides. His Business has grown quite a bit and he still has a Mom/Pop shop posture when it comes to making his Customer's happy. I would never fear the purchase of a Ted Weber supplied product. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Richard Guy

I can't speak directly about his Transformers but I can report on the following; having been a Weber customer for years and now a Weber reseller, I have many experiences with Ted Weber regarding his Customer Service. Never a question, he stands behind everything he provides. His Business has grown quite a bit and he still has a Mom/Pop shop posture when it comes to making his Customer's happy. I would never fear the purchase of a Ted Weber supplied product.
:thu:

Yeah...well, his speakers (drivers) are excellent. They really are worth crowing about.

• Members

I've used his transformers in several of his kits. The kits all sound great.

In one, a 5E3, I swapped the OT for a Merc Magnetics. The MM tranny did sound better. 3X better, I dunno.

IMHO, Ted's trannies make a great amp. It might not squeeze that last 1% of tone out like a high end boutique, but you are most of the way there.

They're way better than 99% of stock transformers.

Archived