SPAM: studio cleanup, Roland system-100m, Futureretro XS, FS1R, SX-240, lots of pics

ripe

• Members

Hey all,

It's time for another cleaning in the studio... prices *include* shipping in the continental US.

*** If you buy the XS and 100m together I will include 50 extra patch cables and twenty mono 1/4 - 1/8 adapters.

Roland system-100m $2000: Refurbished with custom red oak side panels and new mounting hardware. The torx mounting hardware uses lock nuts mounted to the inside of the frame, which secures everything *much* better than the original hardware. The new wood sides are the same shape as the original particleboard sides, but look much nicer and provide a nice sturdy feel. Includes 10 Roland patch cables and module connector cables. The modules are the standard "D-set" (112, 121, 130, 140, 150). Good condition, 100V power.

DSCN3083.JPG

DSCN3085.JPG

DSCN3086.JPG

DSCN3090.JPG

DSCN3091.JPG

FutureRetro XS semi modular monosynth $1100: Good shape, comes with rack ears, tabletop sides and power supply. Serial number 003, signed by Jered. Has a couple of scratches on the back panel (see picture).

DSCN3093.JPG

DSCN3094.JPG

DSCN3095.JPG

DSCN3096.JPG

will continue in the next post.

cheers

ripe

• Members

Yamaha FS1R SOLD: Good shape, comes only with power cord. A few nicks around the rack ears, nothing major.

Kawai SX-240 SOLD: Nice analog sound. Good shape, has a few minor nicks and a scratch on the front panel (see picture). No manual.

Yamaha MEP-4 $65 each (I have two for sale): MIDI event processor, a unique problem solver. Each one is in OK shape, a few nicks and scratches on each (see photos).

DSCN3104.JPG

DSCN3105.JPG

DSCN3106.JPG

DSCN3107.JPG

cheers

ripe

• Members

SX-240 is sold.

I will also have a TR-606 up for sale as soon as I can take some pictures of it.

It has replacement metal knobs, no power supply or manual, otherwise in good shape $280

cheers

ripe

• Members

pics of the 606, includes replacement pots from Tech Transplant and service docs. $280 shipped in the US.

DSCN3108.JPG

DSCN3109.JPG

DSCN3110.JPG

Regarding the FS1R price, I have had more than one person msg me that it is a *good* price, and you would be hard pressed to find one for the prices you suggest. If it doesn't sell here in the next few days, it will be up on eBay.

cheers

ripe

• Members

That price is basically what I paid for my FS1R, inclusive of shipping, just a few weeks ago.

The last time I saw them for 300 to low 400s was right after they were discontinued - 10 years ago. Then again, I am not looking at pricing for them now, or since a few weeks ago.

Well-wishes for your sales, ripe! :)

cheers,

Ian

• Members

Just cleaning house. I was planning to do the modular thing with the Roland and the XS, but it wasn't really fitting into my workflow...

The other stuff has just been sitting in the closet for awhile!

cheers

ripe

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I do still have the 100M actually, although I think I'm going to give it another chance now that I've been using Volta. I also wouldn't be too excited about shipping such a large item outside of the USA, although I could possibly be convinced.

cheers

ripe

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Cost me $112 to ship a JV1080 to Australia via USPS. Eep.

What got you off the modular tip...the whole efficiency/patch storage thing?

I guess I had grand visions in my head of the wonderful "possibilities" a modular offers.

When actually creating a patch, I would end up with the either a nice sound that could be done on a simple monosynth, or a muddy modulated mess. For me, the time is better spent working on music than working on a patch.

cheers

ripe

Archived