how to set up a wet dry rig

vrm

• Members

I'm contemplating setting up my old ada rack as a stereo (wet) setup to fool around w/ my ampeg-marshall 4-12(dry) can anyone help w/ the setup and what else if any components needed to accomplish this, Thanks

• Members

set up the ampeg and cab like usual, then find a way to get a line level signal out of it (line out or slave out etc. on amp or some thing like a hot plate between the head and cab). Take the line out to an effects processor (not a preamp) then hook the processor to you rack amp and cab(s) as usual. Simple.

• Members

my amp has no line or slave out, would there be an fx unit that would take my pre-out and pass it through unefected and still allow the use of the wet left and right signal to my other poweramp? does such a unit exist? maybe a direct box type unit with a thru feature or something? Thaks for your help, just trying to find something simple wherei won't have to buy a bunch of stuff to experiment.

• Members

Originally posted by vrm

my amp has no line or slave out, would there be an fx unit that would take my pre-out and pass it through unefected and still allow the use of the wet left and right signal to my other poweramp? does such a unit exist? maybe a direct box type unit with a thru feature or something? Thaks for your help, just trying to find something simple wherei won't have to buy a bunch of stuff to experiment.

The simplest solution is to put a H&K Redbox (pro) in between the speakercable going from the Marshall to the cab; that gives you a linelevel signal you can work with.

Good luck.

Giga.

Archived