Triple XXX and G major

auronius123

• Members

Does anyone have experience with using a g major and a triple xxx together? is this even possible? I've been hearing tons of stuff about the G Major and would love to get one to try out if it can be used with my triple xxx.

any help is appreciated

thanks guys

• Members

I am thinking of building a small rack to go with my XXX, so I am interested as well. I am considering a few preamps along with a G-Major to broaden my available tones. I could sell some of the 6 other amps I own if it works:)

The loop on the XXX is pretty good so I see no reason why it would not sound good but with the active eq it may change things.

I know someone has tried one???

• Members

A local guitarist here uses a XXX w/ a DBX 166xl, BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer and a G Major and I couldn't believe the tone he was getting from that amp. He uses jackson PC-1 and custom shop Ibanez reb beach guitars he got from Reb himself.

• Members

You need one of JerryP's cables for the Triple XXX's footswitch to make the amp "MIDI capable". The G-Major can supposedly control it once you use one of those cables with it and set the presets up for controlling the individual channels of the Triple XXX.

It definately sounds like a killer rig for sure and surely simplifies switching patches/channels. Too bad I dig the parametric EQ, the other elaborate effects and my Whammy/Wah on my RP2000 too much for my sounds... :o

• Members

Yes in the effects loop..I don't think he's in a band right now he was in some local metal act but I never remember the name. he's a total shredder though he'd get up and do Iron Maiden with us.

if you're looking for something to do though you should come down to jugheads tonight :D

• Members

Originally posted by M-III

You need one of JerryP's cables for the Triple XXX's footswitch to make the amp "MIDI capable". The G-Major can supposedly control it once you use one of those cables with it and set the presets up for controlling the individual channels of the Triple XXX.

It definately sounds like a killer rig for sure and surely simplifies switching patches/channels. Too bad I dig the parametric EQ, the other elaborate effects and my Whammy/Wah on my RP2000 too much for my sounds...
:o

is this just a 1/4 to MIDI cable?

ill have to check out his site and see whats up.

and mike, if thats a club im a little underage :D

• Members

Originally posted by SkyhighRocks

I have one for sale if interested...only a month old. See my sig

i would hit you up on that, but its gonna take a little bit to save up for this, im working a {censored} part time job for school.

mike, im not sure haha. its just me, you and mega isnt it?

still surprising

what is the name of your band?

• Members

Originally posted by auronius123

do you use a midi controller?

im just using this for home use for now, is it even necessary to have the foot controller?

I do, but I haven't been using my MIDI controller to switch channels on the amp. I use the same G Major presets with various channels on the amp, so I'm enjoying not having a specific channel tied to a specific preset and being able to mix and match. To do that you need a custom cable from the G Major to the XXX/JSX to switch amp channels. You can get one from JerryP or Skyhighrocks has one for sale.

• Members

Originally posted by auronius123

Does anyone have experience with using a g major and a triple xxx together? is this even possible? I've been hearing tons of stuff about the G Major and would love to get one to try out if it can be used with my triple xxx.

any help is appreciated

thanks guys

I used one with my JSX and it sounds great...so yes...it will work just fine for the XXX. I also have a J-mod cable for the G-major for sale...this will switch between all three channels via the relay switch in the G-Major. I also use a midi board.

Archived