I just found out that i'm going to be a dad!

tool music

• Members

Congratulations!

Best piece of advice....take time to enjoy every single aspect of being a new Dad...be there and don't miss stuff.

Lots of changes ahead.

Your partner will need lots of support.

Oh...and be prepared to talk about wee and poo a lot ;-)

I *never* wanted to be a Dad but I wouldn't be without my daughters if you paid me nor would I want to miss seeing what a wonderful mother my wife is...not for the world!

• Members

congrats!! I'd suggest that it's a good idea that any patience you display might be picked up upon by tool music jr. Kids can drive you NUTS but freaking out is the worst thing that you can do for them. I got a wierd comment from AcidDaughter the other day, 'you remember EVERYTHING Daddy' and I was like 'what does that mean?' and she said 'THAT's what it means, you remember EVERYTHING'. I guess that's a win but you never know...

• Members

Great news!!!
Congrats.
Some advice since you asked for it.:
1. Patience
2. Enjoy it now because they grow up too fast.
3. Let them be who they are.

I have 3 kids and all are honor students with one going to NYU. I think I have been a sucessful parent though I have made some mistakes.

Bottom line is just love them and let them know you do.

• Members

Congrats......Take lots of pictures they grow so fast and change so much. And as was mentioned before patients will definately be needed. Patients with your child and with the mom. They can get really crazy during and after the pregnancy. Good luck!!

• Members
Originally posted by JKD

Congratulations!

Best piece of advice....take time to enjoy every single aspect of being a new Dad...be there and don't miss stuff.

Lots of changes ahead.

Your partner will need lots of support.

Oh...and be prepared to talk about wee and poo a lot ;-)

I *never* wanted to be a Dad but I wouldn't be without my daughters if you paid me nor would I want to miss seeing what a wonderful mother my wife is...not for the world!

+1000000000

I would have put it off forever, but now my son and daughter (Both "unplanned") are 9 and 8, and I'd be lost without them.

CONGRATS!!!! :thu: :thu: :thu:

Archived