Anyone know specs on Soldano Snakeskin 4x12

typedeaF

• Members

I just bought the Soldano 4x12 cabinet with the snakeskin covering. Does anyone know the specs on this cabinet? The front grille is a bitch to try to get off. Any suggestions on how to remove it? Any opinions on how well it mics or sounds live. I liked it in the store and got it for only $800. Seemed too good a deal to pass up.

• Members

Originally posted by theHutton

they are 10 ply cabinets with eminence speakers.

Oddly enough, this cabinet has Celestion v30's in it. 16ohm'ers. Must have been replaced? I am actually glad because I hear better things about the v30's than the Eminence. The velcro was about a bitch to get off. Thanks anyway. I guess this means its wired parallel mono @ 4ohms. I have a 300watt head. I dont think 280 vs 300 will be that big a difference. Its solid state.

• Members

They used to come stock with V-30's. But the priced was hiked up on them, so they switched. The store in my town only orders the cabs, and loads it with speakers themselves.

As far as micing goes. I find it best to stay away from the center of the cone. Keep the mic toward the edge of the cone or a couple of inches out and then angled back in toward the edge of the cone.

• Members

Originally posted by illini

They used to come stock with V-30's. But the priced was hiked up on them, so they switched. The store in my town only orders the cabs, and loads it with speakers themselves.

As far as micing goes. I find it best to stay away from the center of the cone. Keep the mic toward the edge of the cone or a couple of inches out and then angled back in toward the edge of the cone.

I think this cabinet is old. They guy said it was, and its been in the store on Consignment since 2004. The inside only looks like 5 ply on the front baffle to me. Its also only got a single jack for one wiring configuration. Kinda sucks but oh well. I got it for $800, which seemed reasonable. I was going to get a Randall XL for a little over $800 new. With the snakeskin cover, I am sure I could resell this cabinet fairly easily if I need to.

• Members

I don't know how many ply the cab is, but I know that it is good quality Birch. People may or may not like the Soldano sound, but all seem to agree that they are made well. Unfortunately, they cost so much. If they were cheaper, more people would probubly play them.

Archived