OT: I hate Most Precious Blood

unholyaria

• Members

So I was watching the On Demand music videos since I have Comcast and I was bored.

I stumbled upon this band's video for "Shark Ethic."

First off, I hope Andrew Eldritch stabs them all for stealing the intro from Sisters of Mercy's "This Corrosion." What's worse is the main riff of their song is a {censored}ty, hashed-out take on the aforementioned choral arrangement.

Secondly, I'd like to punch that singer in his throat. Sing normal, ya {censored}, because you sure can't pull off that John Tardy/Tomas Lindberg amalgamam you're shootin' for.

It's all very sad too, because those blokes have a pretty good guitar tone. What a friggin waste...

:freak:

• Members

Yeah, quite a few hardcore record labels have turned into sellout machines. It's quite sad. A lot of the scenester crap we have to put up with today is largely thanks to a select few of those labels, like Victory and Trustkill.

Several times, I've been to places that sell lots of CDs, and they have advertisements just for Victory. Wtf is up with that? When I went to FYE the other day, there were random Victory advertisement tabs stuck all over the place, and not even where there CDs were! And at Best Buy, one of the racks at the front was JUST scenester Victory stuff.

Trustkill's not as big, but they just plain have ZERO good bands right now. Even the ones they had that were really good turned into {censored}. What the hell happened to Hopesfall?!?

This stuff makes me want to die, or kill someone. Probably kill someone, because if I wanted to die, then I'd be one of the "emo" scenesters they created. :freak:

• Members

yeah i did a gig with MPB a couple of years ago or something...some in my band were like oh "lush they are a wikked band i wanna see them" but there was nothing special about their music. seemed overrated and one of them (i think the singer) seemed pretty arrogant.....annoying arrogant :bor:

• Members
Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

Yeah, quite a few hardcore record labels have turned into sellout machines. It's quite sad. A lot of the scenester crap we have to put up with today is largely thanks to a select few of those labels, like Victory and Trustkill.

Several times, I've been to places that sell lots of CDs, and they have advertisements just for Victory. Wtf is up with that? When I went to FYE the other day, there were random Victory advertisement tabs stuck all over the place, and not even where there CDs were! And at Best Buy, one of the racks at the front was JUST scenester Victory stuff.

Trustkill's not as big, but they just plain have ZERO good bands right now. Even the ones they had that were really good turned into {censored}. What the hell happened to Hopesfall?!?

This stuff makes me want to die, or kill someone. Probably kill someone, because if I wanted to die, then I'd be one of the "emo" scenesters they created.
:freak:

whenever I feel that way, I just make my way over to Hydraheads' website

• Members
Originally posted by Tesseract

yeah i did a gig with MPB a couple of years ago or something...some in my band were like oh "lush they are a wikked band i wanna see them" but there was nothing special about their music. seemed overrated and one of them (i think the singer) seemed pretty arrogant.....annoying arrogant
:bor:

haha nah man, their singer was pretty amusing, we had a conversation about chess.

• Members

I actually don't know what to say. I love this band since day one!

Even now, that they have a new drummer, they totally kick ass!

Call me a sell out or whatever. For me MPB is great hardcore. And I am listening to this kind of music for about nine years now.

Archived