C-thru music sale on axis-49

ripe

• Members

"To take advantage of the offer, people need a PayPal account, and just simply to shop at C-Thru on Sunday August 2nd 2009."

I believe it's next sunday. I might have to pick one up to keep at my other studio. I already have a 64.

• Members

Bumping this one.

Another happy 64 owner here. The AXiS is a fantastic creative tool that deserves attention. I hope they have success with the 49. I'd like to see some upgrades to the 64 and maybe a mid-level model introduced.

I don't have a particular need for the 49 but it sure is tempting at that price. I've been thinking about buying a new MacBook and that would be a vicious combo with these two:

axis49_01-300.jpglpd8_web_med_copy.png

• Members

Tempting, the theory seems neat, but I was looking over the table and to me it doesn't really seem clear that scales do follow any sort of sane pattern, even something as simple as C-D-E-F-G ... (edit, ah, you have to go left and then wrap around... )

If it had the wheels and a MIDI port, maybe.

I'm a bit surprised why they don't list the prices for the C-64.

• Members

Tempting, the theory seems neat, but I was looking over the table and to me it doesn't really seem clear that scales do follow any sort of sane pattern.....

Well, I've tried learning the piano and I can't seem to follow any sane patterns while playing scales. :lol: Though it is easier to play certain chords and patterns on the AXiS than on the piano (and vice versa). Also, you can reach some notes and play passages with one hand you wouldn't otherwise physically be able to perform on a traditional keyboard with both hands.

I gave up on being a keyboard player years ago to focus on production and sound design but since I've been making tracks with the AXiS they seem to be much more "musical" and interesting. For me it's more about creativity and thinking outside the box rather than trying to figure out how to play scales and piano concertos.

• Members

Excellent!

So far we have 4 (?) people who are now obligated to report back here concerning their experience with the 49. ;) Let us know when they arrive!

So far, the 64 is an excellent inspiration for my needs and style but I'll be curious to find out how the "players" feel about the Harmonic Table.

• Members

I was intrigued by the 64 model when they came out but instantly turned off the price (not saying that they're not worth it, just a lot more than I want to pay for a MIDI controller.) Figured that the 49 will work for me as A) a nanokey replacement and B) proof of concept... plus I should be able to recoup most of the purchase price if it doesn't work out or if I find one used and want to upgrade.

Archived