Trade Spam: Mesa Boogie Mark II 1x12 combo (Toronto)

ScreaminKing

• Members

Mesa Boogie Mark II (or IIA) 1x12 Combo

What I have here is Mark II, according to the guy I bought it from this was before they even designated them as IIA. 2 channels (clean and dirty), 60 watts (not 60/100 switchable), no reverb, no graphic EQ, effects loop, original EV speaker (I think it's rated 120 watts). The 2 channels are footswitchable. The only thing weird about the amp is that the original owner (I'm the third) drilled a hole in the side of the combo, presumably just to lace the power cord out the side instead of out the back.

The serial number on mine is 3610 (which dates it in '78 I think), and you can look at the info about the serial numbers here:

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/serials.html The amp is extremely similar to the Mark IIB and all the controls are the same, so you can see all the info here: http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/MarkIIB.html There is also the Mark IIB manual on the Boogie site, but this site is by far more comprehensive.

My main reason for selling this amp is that I usually just play this amp at home, and it doesn't excel at low volume tone as well as my TSL. I usually just fire up the clean channel and use some nice pedals in front of it. I'd prefer to have an amp with 2 channels, and for the dirty channel to have less gain and be more Marshall-esque. I would definitely be into looking at something with EL84's as well, maybe even a Laney VC30 or something Vox-y. But really, I'm open to anything.

I would definitely like to do this locally (or even a reasonable distance around Toronto), so it would be cool if that's possible. Also a straight up trade would be preferred, although I would definitely consider something more inexpensive + cash. I can take pics anytime, just let me know what you want to see.

Archived