Semi Emergency Car Help... PLEASE READ!

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Hey guys, I'm havin the wierdest thing happen to me right now... any of you guys car buffs? I have a {censored}ty ass Ford Taurus right now that won't shut off... you heard me, it just won't shut off... the ignition just sort of spins until it hits a brick wall with no give what so ever... I turn the key backwards, and instead of having a little bit of effort needed, it just spins freely until it stops, yet the car stays on... I don't know what to do, we checked and the wheel isn't locked, and I've held the brake down straight to the floor and made sure it was in park, and I added transmission fluid to make sure it was really going into park

it's a ford taurus and it's an automatic (wish it was a stick, so I could just let it stall out or something) and I don't wanna let it just run out of gas, because it'll screw up the fuel injection right? plus, it says it has 140 miles left till empty, and that'll take forever if it's just idling

what the hell could it be? How can I kill the engine without actually "killing" the engine?!

• Members

Originally posted by gt5litre

Ignition, this is where the key inserts to start the car, is shot. Perhaps you can remove the fuse that protects the fuel pump or fuel injection system to shut it off.

gt5litre

thanks man, but I don't even know where I'd start there... I'm not familiar with the fuse box, or which one to pull

thanks so much anyway tho

• Members

the fuse box should be under the hood, probably near battery and it will be a black plastic housing/rectangular box shape. The lid will come off, probably has a plactic latch with a release. Their should be a map, so to speak, of the fuses on the inside of the lid you just removed look their for the correct fuse to remove.

Archived