Anybody got electric drums?

ScottIans Beard

• Members

So ive been taking drum lessons for a while now getting good. However a practice pad aint cutting it any more, and acoustic drums are out of the question

Anyone have experience of cheap electric drums? What about the Yamaha DTXplorer? Is there anything any cheaper that is in the same league?

Im not expecting to get an amazing tone and feel from it, but my lack of a kit is hindering my practice.

• Members

I have the DTXplorer - cost about 500 quid brand new

Ok, it isn;t amazing - one feature I would love would be to be able to grab the cymbals to stop them ringing, but they still sound okay.

It has some cool little features like songs you can play along with etc. I quite like it, and I'm certainly no drummer - but I;ve had quite a bit of fun learning to play some basic crap :)

• Members

Originally posted by Big Hair

Ok, it isn;t amazing - one feature I would love would be to be able to grab the cymbals to stop them ringing, but they still sound okay.

Is that even possible on an electric kit?

Im having a blast just keeping basic rhythms, i cant fill at all! So top quality sounds and features arent essential.

• Members

Originally posted by ScottIans Beard

Is that even possible on an electric kit?

Im having a blast just keeping basic rhythms, i cant fill at all! So top quality sounds and features arent essential.

I think some high end kits have this feature, but you are talking

• Members

Originally posted by ScottIans Beard

If your cool with it, can you post it (or PM it to me!). Im going to check some kits out later this week, but i would like to hear how the sound before i go try!

I'll upload it an PM you the link (feel a bit emarassed to publicly post it!)

Archived