Les Paul Classic

Panzerfoust

• Members

Originally posted by jaybird

I have a 90's classic, and I think it's a great guitar. The nickel hardware does tarnish as mentioned. The pickups are hot as hell, which may or may not work for your application, but can be changed easily enough.

since 2002 standards have nickel hardware as well

• Members
Originally posted by Panzerfoust

Hmm, does it play like the Standard with a 60's neck? Any tuning issues, staying in tune?

Thanks.

Yes it does play pretty much like a standard with the 60's neck, which is my preference. The Standard or 50's neck is more "baseball bat-like" IMO, and the 60's is slimmer.

No issues with it going out of tune or tuning in general.

I'm probably going to change the pickups out to try something different. The 500T is nice, but I think now I want something tighter sounding. I played another Paul with EMG's A/B'ing with my Classic, and the end result...now I didn't like either anymore, doh!!! I want something in between - I like the bottom end and fattness of the 500T , but I like the clarity of the EMG. I think I'm going to try a Rio Grande BBQ - so many choices though... :(

• Members
Originally posted by Sordid1

my other guitarist has a classic and I love it! The 500T pickups are hotter and absolutely scream. I honestly wasn't much of a Les Paul fan before but I am changing my mind because of his.

I guess the inlay color never really bothered me. I love the hot pickups, and the neck just feels good...

Proof of rockedness... lol :thu:

Sordid1 and his PRS, me and the Classic... 20060125_Dscn1582_1138165200693580969.jp

Archived