Scoring a jp6 on the cheap any problems to look for

Fogflip

• Members

Tomorrow im going to pick up a jp6 anything problem wise to look for out side of the normal scratchy pots, buttons that need work, etc. Also is thier a test mode to put it in to make sure everythings gravy. Also not that i plan to sell it immediately what's going price for one of these in good working order 1500? (need to make up for voyager purchase haha) thanks!

• Members

I'd say closer to $2k for minty ones ... but that could just be 'cause I have one ... ;)

There's a lot that could go wrong (i.e. modes to test and various functions, which could be hard to test if you're not familiar) ... fortunately, mine hasn't had any hiccups since I bought mine ... Seems like it will go the distance ... I think that's somewhat typical ...

Not sure about test mode ... Just make sure the voices all work in the various modes ... Portamento ... Split mode with various arpeggios going ... All important resonance, cutoff sliders ...

If owner isn't familiar with synth, make sure you understand the modes and what one you're in or you could end up with alot of cool noise . ..

Synth does so much, I'm not sure I'd worry too much about missing features ... Glitchiness is part of its charm ... Enjoy ...

Archived