Best 2x12 w/ V30's? Best prices in Canada? (Orange question)

ScreaminKing

• Members

I'm looking at getting a 2x12 for my TSL100 and getting rid of my 4x12. The one cabinet that's really caught my eye is an Orange 2x12, and I was wondering what the best price I could get is.

I contacted my local L&M and they said it would cost me $970CDN, which I think it pretty high. I looked at Humbuckermusic.com and they sell them in the US for $580US (about $670CDN). I know L&M pricematches, but I don't think they'll match US prices. Is there anywhere else I could look to get one? Or perhaps some place that will give me a better deal that $970?

By the way, I'm in Toronto. Thanks for any help you can give.

• Members

From a pure "money" point of view I disagree on the Avatar cab. Once you get the Avatar cab home and put a couple dings in it you will not get much more than $200 for it. The Orange will have a way higher resale value and hold it's value for years, especially if you take good care of it. This is also the case with Mesa and Bogner cabs.

• Members

Originally posted by Ripping Rudy

From a pure "money" point of view I disagree on the Avatar cab. Once you get the Avatar cab home and put a couple dings in it you will not get much more than $200 for it. The Orange will have a way higher resale value and hold it's value for years, especially if you take good care of it. This is also the case with Mesa and Bogner cabs.

That's another really good point I have to consider. But I kinda feel like I'm being ripped off for $970 Canadian, when Humbuckermusic in the US sells them for the equivalent of $670 Canadian. Also Long & McQuade is Canada's version of GC....so the overhead shouldn't be a problem right?

Anyone have any idea how long shipping takes from Steamco? They're in Winnipeg, and I'm in Toronto. Do they have quicker shipping options?

• Members

BAH! Yeah right! Long and McQuade and Steve's are total ripoffs. The overhead is insane. I'm not going to buy something if I have to pay $10 less than the list price on MF.

And anything from Winnipeg will still be faster than clearing customs, last I checked.

• Members

Originally posted by emodot

BAH! Yeah right! Long and McQuade and Steve's are total ripoffs. The overhead is insane. I'm not going to buy something if I have to pay $10 less than the list price on MF.

And anything from Winnipeg will still be faster than clearing customs, last I checked.

I meant, do they have the cabinets already? Or do they have to order from Avatar and then send it to you?

• Members

The guy who runs steamco does have a warehouse in Winnipeg with Avatar stuff I believe. I ordered a Hellatone 30 from him about 3 weeks ago, and it honestly arrived at my door less than 48 hours after I put in the order. :eek:

(I am a little closer to Winnipeg than Toronto though).

Just call up steamco, he'll let you know what he has in stock and when it can be shipped out.

Meaty

• Members

Originally posted by M_E_A_T_B_A_L_L

The guy who runs steamco does have a warehouse in Winnipeg with Avatar stuff I believe. I ordered a Hellatone 30 from him about 3 weeks ago, and it honestly arrived at my door less than 48 hours after I put in the order.
:eek:
(I am a little closer to Winnipeg than Toronto though).

Just call up steamco, he'll let you know what he has in stock and when it can be shipped out.

Meaty

I probably will call up Steamco and see what they have goin' on up there.

Although, I am liking the idea of the Orange.

How do you like those Hellatones?

Archived