Amp question

Muster

• Members

I need some input from some of the more serious amp users here. Should I keep my Mesa DC-5, or should I get rid of it and buy a randall RM50 head? I haven't seen the 50 watt version in person and dont want to buy on blind faith. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Members
Originally posted by mudslinger

I need some input from some of the more serious amp users here. Should I keep my Mesa DC-5, or should I get rid of it and buy a randall RM50 head? I haven't seen the 50 watt version in person and dont want to buy on blind faith. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hmm, we're going to need more information to help you. What don't you like about the DC-5 that you think the RM50 will cure? Also, what style of music do you play? What are your amp requirements (e.g. number of channels? Cleans? Power? Head or combo?)?

• Members

Originally posted by hal9000

Hmm, we're going to need more information to help you. What don't you like about the DC-5 that you think the RM50 will cure? Also, what style of music do you play? What are your amp requirements (e.g. number of channels? Cleans? Power? Head or combo?)?

Well, I play rock, to heavier stuff. The DC-5 is the head version, and the Randall will be also. I am pretty satified with just 50 watts (because the mesa is loud as hell). The DC-5 is actually not a bad head. If I had any complaints with it, it would be that the low end is a little loose and has a shrill high end, but that is nitpicking. Maybe I am suffering from gas, I don't know. I guess I like the versatility of the Randall, but am curious to how well the modules actually sound. And how the 50 watt head compares to the 100 watter. Hopefully that helps a little more. Thanks for the response.

Archived