ISP Decimator pedal with Uber?..got some questions.

russellconner

• Members

hey guys...ive pretty much decided on ordering an ISP pedal from DerekB, but have a few questions.

has anybody ran one of these with an uberschall? if so, what did you observe with it in front of the amp, and in the loop?

i need to eliminate the static/buzz from my guitar, but the preamp noise seems to be the real culprit.

my (low-budget)plan is to run the pedal in my effects loop and get both birds with one stone...will this work?

once i set the decimator up for the high gain sounds, will it affect my clean channel in any way...besides removing noise?

in case its of any relevance, my uber is a rev. 2 and i run the distortion channel gain between 10:00 and 1:30. occasionally, however, i will run the gain up as high as 2:30 or 3:00...just because it sounds unlike any other amp ive had at those levels of crunch.

thanks in advance,

russell

• Members

Originally posted by russellconner

hey guys...ive pretty much decided on ordering an ISP pedal from DerekB, but have a few questions.

has anybody ran one of these with an uberschall? if so, what did you observe with it in front of the amp, and in the loop?

i need to eliminate the static/buzz from my guitar, but the preamp noise seems to be the real culprit.

my (low-budget)plan is to run the pedal in my effects loop and get both birds with one stone...will this work?

once i set the decimator up for the high gain sounds, will it affect my clean channel in any way...besides removing noise?

in case its of any relevance, my uber is a rev. 2 and i run the distortion channel gain between 10:00 and 1:30. occasionally, however, i will run the gain up as high as 2:30 or 3:00...just because it sounds unlike any other amp ive had at those levels of crunch.

thanks in advance,

russell

Don't have any worries with the ISP, it works perfectly. I can turn it on and off while I'm playing and I can't even hear a difference. It cuts down on hum big time too, much more than my old NS-2.

• Members

In the loop if you are using a lot of gain it will affect your clean channel to the point where you have to max out the volume to make it usable. I have run both with the Uber and prefer it in front but think it does a better job at eliminating pre-amp noise in the loop. Just my 2cents.

• Members

Originally posted by MadCow

In the loop if you are using a lot of gain it will affect your clean channel to the point where you have to max out the volume to make it usable. I have run both with the Uber and prefer it in front but think it does a better job at eliminating pre-amp noise in the loop. Just my 2cents.

thanks for the info, guys...

MadCow: do you meant that the clean channel volume has to be turned up when the ISP is in the loop?

how did the ISP do with the start/stop type of playing? did it seem pretty transparent, and not affect the attack of quick rhythm stuff?

thanks,

russell

• Members

Originally posted by russellconner

thanks for the info, guys...

MadCow: do you meant that the clean channel volume has to be turned up when the ISP is in the loop?

how did the ISP do with the start/stop type of playing? did it seem pretty transparent, and not affect the attack of quick rhythm stuff?

thanks,

russell

Yeah in the loop with the ISP turned up past 1 o'clock it will cut into the clean volume. Then again I have a version 1 Uber without the adjustable loop so that may make a difference.

• Members

Th uber FX-loop is parallel, no?

I tried the Decimator in the loop of my Cobra and all I got was this horrible sound, but I later remembered I should have lower the channel-volume.. So I need to try this again.

Any head should be dead-silent with the ISP in the loop, however it won't be so effective on feedback they say, but I think it can be controlled.

Archived