Metal zone

cincy

• Members

Originally posted by cincy

I am too! I liked wretched spawn alot. Nothing touches the bleeding. Still looking for that cover tune? I can put it up on mp3lizard for ya sometime this week if you'd like.

Dude, I'd be forever in your debt. The Accused were one of the most amazing bands I ever saw live as a teenager in the '80's....this was before death metal. I probably saw them 15-20 times living in Portland Or (they were from Seattle) and Bethany Home was an amazing song live. I can only imagine CC's take on it.

• Members
Originally posted by HottKarl

Dude, I'd be forever in your debt. The Accused were one of the most amazing bands I ever saw live as a teenager in the '80's....this was before death metal. I probably saw them 15-20 times living in Portland Or (they were from Seattle) and Bethany Home was an amazing song live. I can only imagine CC's take on it.

It should'nt be a problem. I can do it this week I need to download it onto the computer and change it to mp3 but I'll do it for ya. Gotta look out for my homies.;)

• Members

It should'nt be a problem. I can do it this week I need to download it onto the computer and change it to mp3 but I'll do it for ya. Gotta look out for my homies.
;)

Cool....I appreciate it. And seriously, not sure what you've got in your collection but if there's something you want to trade for....let me know, I may have something.

• Members
Originally posted by HottKarl

Cool....I appreciate it. And seriously, not sure what you've got in your collection but if there's something you want to trade for....let me know, I may have something.

Oh no problem I'll probably be on tomorrow night after work and should be able to do it then. I'm out for the night. Have a good one.:thu:

• Members

I know this pedal is not very popular here but I've noticed some bands out there use them with success. (Imo Cannibal Corpse for one). Do any of you forumites uses them and get good results? How about as a boost.

Try using a metal zone as a clean boost into a high gain amp :evil:

• Members
Originally posted by BOOGIE666

I so want to try using a metal zone into my recto as a boost.

Don't be afraid. Turn the level up, distortion down and watch your EQ settings.....to much of any one frequency adds instant static.

I've got a Keeley Modded MT-2 and I have used it to boost the Triple in late night situations when I want crunch at low volumes cuz the kids are sleeping and I want to jam out some "Liege of Inveracity." :evil:

• Members

I think there is a lot of bogus information about bands using the MT2

It used to be one of the only options for bands that wanted a really crunchy solid state sound...like back in 1990...so I think some big bands may have recorded with it and made use of the eq sections in the distant past

But no {censored}.... equipment and gear has come a long way since then :idea:

to rely on the MT2 is crazy unless you're a bedroom player... there are so many other options

Using it as a clean boost is beyond retarded... get a real clean boost... jesus christ

The dudes who run it into the clean channel of their marshalls and stuff just make me sad... they are so beyond clueless it's almost hopeless

• Members

Originally posted by dennis138

I used one though my teenage years when I couldn't afford equipment. It turned my Mexican Strat and S.S. Crate combo heavy as hell. Of course, if you can afford good equipment, just get a good amp.

That is the way to use an MT2... I did the same thing when I was a beginner

The other use is for practicing at low volumes... like previously stated... so you don't wake up the kids or piss off the neighbors

• Members

I know this pedal is not very popular here but I've noticed some bands out there use them with success. (Imo Cannibal Corpse for one). Do any of you forumites uses them and get good results? How about as a boost.

If you want a good distortion pedal try the ZOOM Tri-Metal, the Guyatone Metal Monster, Behringer Uber Metal or the Ibanez Smash Box SM-7. They ALL sound MUCH MUCH better than the Boss Metal Zone.

• Members

all of you say use only the amp distortion in a tube amp.........well uh you're only going to get 1 sound out of that amp. So yeah if you have $10K to go out and buy a different amp for every different kind of sound that is fine. But most of use 1-2 amps and would like some variety so pedals give us some nice DIFFERENT sound than we have on the amp. I LOVE the sounds i get out of my amp on the dirty channel but its only one sound. I use a Line 6 uber metal into my tube amp and get TOTALLY different sounds. And as long as you keep your volume knob on your guitar all the way down you won't get that white noise sound and the better the amp, the better the pedal sounds!. Although Metal Zone is not the best pedal IMO.

Archived