Sunn Model T reissue wattage question

Next to Nothing

• Members

I have a Sunn Model T reissue and I am running (2) 16 ohm cabinets and have my head set @ 8 ohms.

The model T has a switch that allows you to run at full 100watts or to drop down to 60watts (I believe). For smaller clubs, it would be nice to drive them 60watt selection. Someone mentioned to me that I may have to switch my impedance if I do this though. Is that true? And if so, what would I switch it to and why?

Seems strange to me, but then again I know very little about wattage vs. impedance and ohms.

Any help would be appreciated

• Members

Changing the impedance is not necessary, and the club setting actually drops the wattage down to 25W from 100W, which is great for cranking the clean channel up to 7 to get some bad ass AC/DC type tone. m/:mad:m/

Check out the manual for future reference.

God I love that amp, but I hope to get my hands on an original one. That would be friggin sweeeeet.... :love:

• Members

Originally posted by Eye_Of_The_Liger

Changing the impedance is not necessary, and the club setting actually drops the wattage down to 25W from 100W, which is great for cranking the clean channel up to 7 to get some bad ass AC/DC type tone. m/:mad:m/

Check out
the manual
for future reference.

God I love that amp, but I hope to get my hands on an original one. That would be friggin sweeeeet....
:love:

thanks! I printed out the manual too.

Archived