WTB: Lee Jackson GP-1000 pre amp

JnBroadbent

• Members

Originally posted by turtleheadblues

theres a guy on here that has one in his sig i think. Try a search. Im selling a NIB Lee Jackson Gain Booster if interested.

I remember reading about them a few times but have never done any research. Is it just a boost you put in front to slam the pre amp?

• Members

Originally posted by Metal|Boy

Isn't that kinda same?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the marshall type. I think the fenderish ones had XLR inputs on the back or something.

Originally posted by GreatestGains

Have you played through one? Not my first choice of budget 80's preamps, but to each their own. I would go with a Rockmaster above the perf connections.

Yes. I think the Marshall type are awesome with a boost in front of it and with a little EQ'ing. It takes dynamics extremely well.

• Members

Originally posted by JnBroadbent

Post 90' or whatever the year was when they started making the hott rodded marshall type. As long as it works fine

PM me please.

:thu:

I used a lee jackson for 10 yrs, a guy gaive it to me, said it didn't work on one of the channels, I popped the top off, resoldered the jack connection, and away I went. The power level indicator looked like an infinity sign (side ways figure 8) It was 100 watts per channel at 16,8,4 ohms. It was a totally badass ss amp

• Members

Originally posted by terry5357

I used a lee jackson for 10 yrs, a guy gaive it to me, said it didn't work on one of the channels, I popped the top off, resoldered the jack connection, and away I went. The power level indicator looked like an infinity sign (side ways figure 8) It was 100 watts per channel at 16,8,4 ohms. It was a totally badass ss amp

Did you have both perfect connection pre and power amp?

Archived