Anyone play the new Fender Super Sonic yet?

Derelict King

• Members

Originally posted by Matt_plan-R

Anyone know if any stores in SoCal that have one of these????

I was at Guitar Trader in San Diego last week and they had two of the black/pepper heads on the floor,as well as one 2-12 and two 4-12 cabinets.Played through one for awhile and dug it so much that I'll probably pick one up as soon as my tax refund comes in.Love the flexibilty of two clean modes and the overdrive channel has real balls and offers superb tonal flexibility,as well.

Ed

• Members

Originally posted by pte3x

Ok guys what does the high-gain lead channel tone sound like?-thanks

Though my experience with the Supersonic was rather limited and at fairly low volume,I did get a pretty decent idea about the amp's tonal range.The tone control give a rather broad sweep...especially compared to other higher gain tube Fender's that I've played in the past [Prosonic,Pro Reverb,Hot Rod Deluxe,etc...].The tones available offer more cut and growl than my old Prosonic and the gain seems tighter and a bit more British in nature.Though scooping the mids and diming the highs and lows does offer some cool modern metal tones [not quite Rectifier like],I found it voiced more for "old school" metal power chording [though with a bit more gain available] and for fat,harmonically rich soloing.Remember,this was at rather low volume...cranking the power section could add some serious balls to the already superb tones that I experienced.

Ed

Archived