help a noob out

jw3092

• Members

i've been checking into getting a 25 key midi/usb controller for laying down bass, synth, and drum tracks. im currently running sonar home studio 7 xl on vista 32 bit os. im using a pod studio ux1 for all my guitar stuff. i was wondering if i could get some input on these controllers as well as any kind of heads up for trouble on using them.

so far im looking at

-e-mu xboard25

-akai mpk25

if you have any better selections i'd be happy to hear them, thanks in advance for any help.

• Members

I'm on sonar 6PE and I have that 1st generation Roland USB200 (still) and it works excellent. As I am not a keyboardist I'm not into the weighted key thing but the aftertouch and impact stuff is built right into all the soft synths in sonar and I'm getting no latency or any issues with it.

Not sure if the usb keys that came after were improved but this was the 1st one they made and it's still the bomb. I'd get a cheap one and just start rockin

I need to learn how to take a vid and convert it for utube- our drummer got on this thing earlier this year with session drummer and FN ripped the bitch a new one. Hittin 32th and 64ths in live time with 8 fingers and basically just tearin it up. I should post the sound on that one just to show what a cheap usb will do. Also gives you access to all the traditional synth modlering sw in there.

Archived