OT: Anyone follow boxing?

OneHappyPappy

• Members

Originally posted by OneHappyPappy

Goes to show that if Shane uses his hand speed he can win a fight. Vargas' eye looked terrible. Mosley vs Mayweather is what I want to see

not me. I like Mosley, i don't want to see him get pretty much executed in the ring. the Mosley of 5 years ago, yeah...i'd put him in there with Mayweather and pay to watch it. today, Floyd would kill him. wouldn't even be anything close to an entertaining fight, and I don't want to see Shane get hurt. I personally can't wait for Corrales-Castillo III.

• Members

I don't know, styles make fights.. Floyd looks invincible but there is someone with Kryptonite.. Corrales and Castillo is going to be great June 3rd.

yeah, styles make fights, but age breaks them. 5 years ago, Shane had the speed and quickness to keep up with Floyd, and it would have been one hell of a fight. today, Shane is slowing up just a little bit...and enough for Mayweather to pick him apart. if this fight was made tomorrow, i'd pick FM in 5 rounds. the Shane of 5 years ago, the Shane that beat de la Hoya, it would be a toss-up.

• Members

I dunno, I think it goes the distance if they make the fight now, Shane was calling him out. If not shane then it's gonna be PBF who gets himself beat by going up to many weight classes.

nah, it wouldn't go the distance. Mosley would make it somewhat respectable for a few, but Mayweather would pick him apart in the middle rounds. i personally can't stand Floyd, but he's the best there is right now. Mosley wouldn't stand a chance, not at 34.

• Members

I don't like him either but I respect him, he backs up a lot of that trash with a great defense. I think he's going to move up to 154 and get beat on points or even KO'd, I think winky could out point him or Kassim Ouma.

i haven't really seen Ouma fight, so i can't comment there. as far as Wright goes, he stands a chance if he does the same thing to Floyd that he did to Trinidad. stand back, jab, and dare him to get any closer. Wright is much bigger, so he'll carry a lot more power, but that's not his style to outpower anybody. he'd have to outbox Mayweather, use his reach advantage, and hope the power advantage would carry over to the jab.

Archived