Need urgent DSL50 tone advice...

Dr.Dan

• Members

I picked up the DSL50 and set it up pretty much as Olaf has suggested ... the main problem was that I was way too loud for the venue and PA unless I really turned down the master volume ... but it sounded a bit crappy at that volume. So in the end I popped home and returned with my Koch Loadbox ... using it at "40%" output did the trick! Ended up using the "bass boost" too. Sounded great though.

Our one song went down really well ... we totally hammed it up with an over-the-top "Spinal Tap" inspired stage act. I ended up in so many exagerated rock poses that I couldn't walk properly the next day. Great fun! The audience loved it and we came 2nd ... the winners did "YMCA" by the village people. They were very funny actually.

Thanks for the amp advice ... think I'll enjoy owning this amp!

Nice one mate sounds like a great laugh. I always used that bass bosst - is it called a deep switch? - left it on all the time.

A few simple truths:

1.You'll never not need an attenuator.

2. Gay stuff always wins entertainment competitions.

(before anyone starts moaning -the village people are definitely gay - I'm not knocking them or otherwise)

....Also mate - how's that load box? Did you try it in comparison with other attenuators?

• Members
Originally posted by JimH

Nice one mate sounds like a great laugh. I always used that bass bosst - is it called a deep switch? - left it on all the time.

A few simple truths:

1.You'll never not need an attenuator.

2. Gay stuff always wins entertainment competitions.

(before anyone starts moaning -the village people are definitely gay - I'm not knocking them or otherwise)

....Also mate - how's that load box? Did you try it in comparison with other attenuators?

Deep Switch - yep, that's the one. You can tell I'm new to this amp. :)

Loadbox has been critical for me for the past few years as I'm using non-master vol amps ... but I've never tried a different attenuator to compare.

• Members

glad your gig went well. i tried doing some experimenting with my dsl 100 over the weekend and came to the conclusion that you need to start at 5 with the tone settings and dial in from there.
i wound up turning the treble and presence down and added some mids and bass. i still don't have it where i want it but i'm getting closer.
i've been trying to put together different guitar/pedal/amp configurations to optimize tone and find which components work well with each other.. and which don't. it's proved to be more challenging than i first thought because there are so many variables.. but i'm getting closer.:D

Archived