Starting research for next amp, $1,500-$2,000 high gainer.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

O`k, first of all, I`m still really happy with my Single Recto. So don`t give me too much grief.

Next year (2007) I will be looking for another amp. The reason is this. I prefer to have a three channel amp so I can have seperate clean, rhythm and lead tones all footswitchable on the fly. It`s easier for me this way and that`s what I like.

So I`ll be looking for a true three channel high gain head. This will be used exclusively for metal. I need a good clean, super chunky, tight rhythm and singing, warm lead. I prefer seperate three band EQ`s for each channel. The amp should have thick, tight bass and good mids. Of course I prefer musical highs and not spikey crap. I also prefer amps with a good amount of saturation, but with some clarity. Not something like the VHT UL. Which I think would be to dry for me. An amp that will handle all chores in the modern metal realm. Serial or parallel f/x loop(s) will both be o`k. Any added features such as resonance, presence, voicings, midi, etc. will be a plus.

Right now I want to compile a list of hopefull candidates so I can start my intensive, time consuming, anal-retentive research in to every aspect of the amps. All amps in the $1,500- $2,000 range, new or used will be considered. Keep in mind that I`ve already owned a 5150 II, JSX and Single Recto, so please don`t recommend those amps. I`m looking more toward the next level of amps, price, feature and tonality wise. This will be the only chance I may get to try something really nice.

Sorry for the looong post and thanks in advance for any help, responces, advice, etc.

Eric

• Members
Originally posted by Dave Owens

top-o-the line ENGL or XTC bog...

or buy and uber and get a stomp box to use in the loop on the clean channel..( ive heard some blistering stuff doing that )..and you will have a 3 channel amp

Is the Uber just a two channel amp?

Dang, that was on my list. :(

Eric

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Is the Uber just a two channel amp?

Dang, that was on my list.
:(

Eric

yes..but its eats anything you can put up next to it...

Im getting one..(I dont care about 3 channels)..I only need one channel and a volume knob..:)..

the only other amp I can think of would be the ENGL SE..and the XTC from bogner...that SE is so cool looking too..:p)..but its in the $3000 area new..

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

It will top out your wallet pretty fast, but look into Voodoo Amps stuff.
:)

The Witchdoctor production model is on my list already. If they are ever going to be ready. It`s not a three channel, but I would be willing to try one out.

I`m also looking at Mesas, but am thinking of a chrome chasis Dual Recto. After all, I am liking the Single Pretty well. That would be a logical step up.

Eric

• Members

The Witchdoctor production model is on my list already. If they are ever going to be ready. It`s not a three channel, but I would be willing to try one out.

I`m also looking at Mesas, but am thinking of a chrome chasis Dual Recto. After all, I am liking the Single Pretty well. That would be a logical step up.

Eric

Damn, I totally forgot about that.

Hmm.

Framus Cobra, Dual/Triple recto,

What exactly do you need 3 channels for?:confused:

Clean, rythm, lead?

• Members

Eric

IMO, you should go for something other than a Recto since you already have one. I mean, why not go for something else. A Dual Recto isn't going to sound that much different than a Single. If you like the Mesa tone, maybe try a Mark IV or a Framus Cobra. My personal suggestion for you would be a Savage 120 though.

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Damn, I totally forgot about that.

Hmm.

Framus Cobra, Dual/Triple recto,

What exactly do you need 3 channels for?
:confused:

Clean, rythm, lead?

Yeah, my dream amp would have a great three channel layout so I can switch between clean, rhythm and lead on the fly without having to re-tweak everything. That`s the only real down fall of the Single Recto. I prefer the modern mode for rhythm and the vintage mode for leads.

Eric

• Members

Yeah, my dream amp would have a great three channel layout so I can switch between clean, rhythm and lead on the fly without having to re-tweak everything. That`s the only real down fall of the Single Recto. I prefer the modern mode for rhythm and the vintage mode for leads.

Eric

Sell everything and get a Diezel Herbert.:D

• Members

You could definately get something choice for around the 2k area if thats what you're really planning on spending. New or used, but if you go used you have pretty much choice of whatever you want unless you're talking Diezel or some of the more expensive Bogners. Sky's the limit! I give my vote to a top o the line Engl though :thu:

• Members

I apologize to any Herbert owners, but that is totally crazy. I will never be so good on the guitar that I will need an amp that expensive.

Eric

Yeah, I hear that man. I'm sure Diezels are awesome amps, but for over 3 grand, that's absurd.

• Members

I apologize to any Herbert owners, but that is totally crazy. I will never be so good on the guitar that I will need an amp that expensive.

Eric

But there is no amp that is like the Herbert.

Try the Framus Cobra!:thu:

Archived