Mesa 50/50

O D

• Members

Any users/past owners of this particular poweramp? I need to hear your experiences, opinions etc, since i'm looking at buying one. It's the older one, not the 2:50 i'm talking about. I'm using a Rocktron Piranha preamp. I play mostly metal riffing/soloing, but i'm also a fan of many other playing styles. Any input is highly appreciated.

• Members

I own one and love it! It was one of the first ones produced. I've used it for years, and it's never let me down. Lots of punch. Plenty loud enough for just about any venue. I am running a TriAxis in front of mine. Great combo! Very low noise level. They came out with a mod for it. The local tech (authorized Mesa shop) installed it for me. I believe the later ones came this way from the factory. Different tubes installed at the same time. I just use two 1x12 cabs with EV's. Balls to spare.... I imagine if you ran a couple of 4x12's it would be a real beast! Not a big drop in volume with the low power switch. These units are selling cheap used now. Sounds great, reliable.... Highly recommended.

• Members

Thanks for the opinions. A few more quiestions still - > how does it compare to other poweramps? VHT 2:50:2, Marshall el34 series, Riveras etc? Also, what is a decent price for one? I live in Europe, so the prices are a little steeper, on used gear also. Thanks.

• Members

i have the 50/50 and it is good and i also have the marshall 9200 witch is a 100 w a side and if i had to choose i think the marshall is better it has a little more crisp power to me but they are both good

• Members

I just got a 50/50 last week and don't regret it one bit. Sounds great, seems like it'll get real loud if needed, low power mode is a nice feature. Seems built like a tank too. Presense control is useful as well.

Archived