I made my wife laugh...

kpatz

• Members

Have never found a great KB at a yard sale (unless you count an old Knabe studio piano that was in better shape that it had a right, but I didn't want another piano, so didn't buy) - but I did get a fantastic deal on a couple mics. A pair of Neumann KM100 SDC's (matched pairs by the serial #) for $25. I remember I first posted about them on Mojo Pie, not quite knowing what they were, and I had about 30 different people begging me to sell them. Yard sales rock.

[/ off topic post]

• Members

It happens once or twice in a lifetime. A few years ago, a flea market vendor gave me a Farfisa FAST 3. It was in reasonable cosmetic condition, but DOA. One new PS transformer, two new Fe tuning slugs & a few more hours cleaning key contacts later: $1000 on the bay! Ya just never know... :freak:

Another time I got one of those Casio digital saxophones at Goodwill for $10. It squealed. But a couple of new caps and Cha-Ching! $91 bux from the highest bidder! (Those are pretty fun, BTW, if you MIDI it to a good synth. I didn't really wanna sell it, but they're just too stupid lookin'...)

Archived