Any Ibanez dealers or reps here at all?

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

Originally posted by CyanideChrist

I dont see it on his parts list, but email him anyway.

You may want to email these guys to see if they have floyd rose piezo saddles too.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Ibanez is the only bunch that put the effort into designing a Floyd style bridge with piezos. Even so, Lo-Pro style saddles are different from other Floyd style saddles, so even if anyone else did make 'em, they'd have to be making them basically to suit the Lo Pro design. =/

• Members

The only other option I can think of then, if Ibanez doesn't have the bridge you need, would be to find another Ibanez bridge with piezo saddles. This cant be the only model. Though if its a six string bridge that would suck to have to buy two bridges to get 7 saddles.

• Members

I love that guitar. They had 6 string versions too. The only reason I didn't buy one is because I don't want a piezo system. I wouldn't want to pay extra for something I didn't need. Having said that - I almost bid on this same guitar on ebay last week.

• Members
Originally posted by CyanideChrist

The only other option I can think of then, if Ibanez doesn't have the bridge you need, would be to find another Ibanez bridge with piezo saddles. This cant be the only model. Though if its a six string bridge that would suck to have to buy two bridges to get 7 saddles.

Yeah, the only other 7-string model is the one I already have, the RG2127X. Well actually, I think there was one model before both, that was a very limited run, sorta a protoype model. Not sure if it's even the exact same kinda bridge or not, but a) the chances of finding one are miniscule, b) the cost of buying one would be quite large, and c) I ain't buying one, to strip it for parts to put on a less sought after instrument, only to render that one useless... hahaha. :o

Anyway, the 6-string option is a possibility, but it'd be very expensive to execute. If 7-string bridge parts aren't available, I doubt the 6s would be, so yeah, I'd basically be buying two of the 6-string models to use for scrap parts. :freak:

Currently, I'm thinking, "{censored} that {censored}! {censored} that very expensive {censored}!" I want this guitar, but not THAT much. :o

• Members
Originally posted by petelaramee

I love that guitar. They had 6 string versions too. The only reason I didn't buy one is because I don't want a piezo system. I wouldn't want to pay extra for something I didn't need. Having said that - I almost bid on this same guitar on ebay last week.

They are indeed very nice guitars. But, I paid a fair bit of money for this, and the piezo is something that I do really want... I've already got two non-piezo 7-strings anyway.

So even though it does have the sweet neck like my RG2127X, and sounds nice 'n' all... I paid for a guitar with piezos, I want a {censored}in' guitar with piezos! :mad::(

• Members

Originally posted by Greazygeo

I carry Ibanez at my store. I can check and see if the bridge is available. What is the exact model # of the guitar? Can you take a pic of teh bridge and send it to me?

George

Are you a dealer that will also go through the hassle of ordering replacement wizard necks? If so, you are my hero. I need at least two. NOS ones with the big bubinga stripe would be the cat's ass. And since one is an old USA Custom with block/trap inlays, can I order a JCustom one if they are making one currently?

• Members

I carry Ibanez at my store. I can check and see if the bridge is available. What is the exact model # of the guitar? Can you take a pic of teh bridge and send it to me?

George

The model number is RG2027X. There is one other 7-string that uses the same bridge, the RG2127X. I'll try to take a pic of the bridge tonight.

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by Dark Angel

Are you a dealer that will also go through the hassle of ordering replacement wizard necks? If so, you are my hero. I need at least two. NOS ones with the big bubinga stripe would be the cat's ass. And since one is an old USA Custom with block/trap inlays, can I order a JCustom one if they are making one currently?

If they will sell them individually and are available, I'll get them for you....some companies are picky about selling necks with the logo's...let me know the models of guitars you are trying to replace?

George

• Members

Originally posted by DeadNight Warrior

The model number is RG2027X. There is one other 7-string that uses the same bridge, the RG2127X. I'll try to take a pic of the bridge tonight.

Thanks.

If I understand correctly, you have two of these gtrs and one doesnt work? Here is something to try first. If the bridges are the same, swap them from one gtr to the other to make sure the bridge is the problem. It could be something in the preamp.

If you can get a pic to me, I'll get in touch with Ibanez and see waht is available.

George

• Members

If I understand correctly, you have two of these gtrs and one doesnt work? Here is something to try first. If the bridges are the same, swap them from one gtr to the other to make sure the bridge is the problem. It could be something in the preamp.

If you can get a pic to me, I'll get in touch with Ibanez and see waht is available.

George

It's not so much that one doesn't work, it's more the fact that one of them is essentially a Lo Pro trem, rather than a Double Edge. Everything else is hooked up, but because they have nowhere to go coz there ain't no piezo saddles on a Lo Pro, the wires that normally go from the PCB to the saddles, just end up taped down under the springs in the rear cavity. :freak:

• Members

Better than that, the seller has offered a full refund, so I guess it'll be going back.

Nonetheless, if I can find a way to get these spare parts, it'd still be quite handy, seeing as I do have another guitar that does actually have this bridge on it. For those who were offering to help, here's a pic I found of my Double Edge (sorry about the crap photo).

DoubleEdge.jpg

• Members

Better than that, the seller has offered a full refund, so I guess it'll be going back.

Nonetheless, if I can find a way to get these spare parts, it'd still be quite handy, seeing as I do have another guitar that does actually have this bridge on it. For those who were offering to help, here's a pic I found of my Double Edge (sorry about the crap photo).

DoubleEdge.jpg

Any info on why they got taken out?:confused::freak:

*edit* if madi is right about the LRBaggs this could be the one?
(at least the guts)
http://www.lrbaggs.com/html/products/pickups_xbridge.shtml
same as my godin ...dynamic music is the Aus distributor

• Members
Originally posted by cavemanic

Any info on why they got taken out?
:confused::freak:

*edit* if madi is right about the LRBaggs this could be the one?

(at least the guts)

http://www.lrbaggs.com/html/products/pickups_xbridge.shtml

same as my godin ...dynamic music is the Aus distributor

No idea at all. Seller evaded my questions regarding his filthy-no-good-lying. :o

And it's actually the bridge bits I need... even if the electronics side of things are the same, it's the actual saddles 'n' whatnot that I'd need, which appear to be quite different on that bridge.

Which is what really confuses me... why would you take out one part of the piezo stuff, but not all of it?! :confused:

• Members

Which is what really confuses me... why would you take out one part of the piezo stuff, but not all of it?!
:confused:

The guy probably didn't realize the pickups were part of the bridge??

Anyway I know what I'm takling about on the bridge LR BAGG's has the patent with Ibanez and that's why you can't get piezo systems from other companies like RMC, and you're stuck with LR Baggs. It's also right on the specs page of Jemsite
"L.R. Baggs piezo bridge."
http://jemsite.com/ibanez/spec_ib7.htm

• Members

It's not so much that one doesn't work, it's more the fact that one of them is essentially a Lo Pro trem, rather than a Double Edge. Everything else is hooked up, but because they have nowhere to go coz there ain't no piezo saddles on a Lo Pro, the wires that normally go from the PCB to the saddles, just end up taped down under the springs in the rear cavity.
:freak:

Oh Ok....I get it now. I put in an email to parts to see if it is available. If not, I'm sure we can get the piezo's, I'm an LRBaggs dealer too. I have the 6 string version RG1820X and it is very cool!!

• Members

No idea at all. Seller evaded my questions regarding his filthy-no-good-lying.
:o

And it's actually the bridge bits I need... even if the electronics side of things are the same, it's the actual saddles 'n' whatnot that I'd need, which appear to be quite different on that bridge.

Which is what really confuses me... why would you take out one part of the piezo stuff, but not all of it?!
:confused:

As far as I know those little saddle things come out and just have some wires on them....if you work out if they are the same as the bits the bloke took out maybe you can contact LRBaggs and ask them just for the saddle/wire part

• Members

Oh Ok....I get it now. I put in an email to parts to see if it is available. If not, I'm sure we can get the piezo's, I'm an LRBaggs dealer too. I have the 6 string version RG1820X and it is very cool!!

That's actually going to be my next guitar! :D I just need to sell this cab and head.

Archived